Humming Around

Today's Catch: A Hummer in the wild with the 70-200VR and 17 EII TC. A special thanks to Paul aka Montydog for teaching me how to embed this image from my website.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

i81105_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Virginia:

That sure is nice! Did you just happen upon that shot or were you waiting for the hummer? Do you remember your settings for this? I have never had the pleasure of seeing hummingbirds feeding in the wild.

Thanks for posting this.

Thanks, Lisa, for asking about the EXIF. I couldn't figure out why my images were so noisy when I was processing them. Now I know why. I shot this at ISO 1600, F9 at 1/4000 sec in Aperture priority, 340mm. (Forgot to check the setting on my camera!) I can see these Mexican Sage plants from my home office window. Actually I planted them to attract humming birds, but the hummers rarely stick around...especially when I step outside to photograph them. I got lucky today and just kept snapping hoping I would get one or two as the hummer danced from one flower to another.

Hummers truly are amazing birds.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Virginia:

Thanks for posting the settings. I had absolutely no luck using sunlight only to capture my hummers. Had to use the SB800. This looks really good for ISO 1600. You must be pleased.

The TC17 looks good for you. When I tried that combo to get hummers, I was really disappointed. Again, good work!

Very nice hummer image Virginia. Better than any I've gotten yet.

I'm glad you got the image embedding figured out. Paul is a very smart, helpful guy, huh? :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom