Humming Birds in San Diego

Discussion in 'Birds' started by andreasb, Apr 23, 2007.

1. I'm down for a short break visiting my friend, in La Mesa California, just east of San Diego and couldnt resist a few Hummer shots.....

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

And for good Measure a Tern from Bosla Chica, can someone confirm ID of the Tern?

original.

2. These are all stunning -- awesome job from some great glass.

3. Nice stuff enjoy your trip I was wonderign where you have been guess a lot of work to be done aroudn the house!!!

4. great stuff! not near my bird book to check on the Tern.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful Andreas

6. WOW! Talk about gorgeous! I think I need to plant some stuff in my yard that would attract hummers! Keep em comin!

7. Very nice series Andreas, really like the natural settings in these shots. Now where are some shots with the D2Hs?

Louie

8. Andras, I like the last 2 of the humming Bird, the Tern is also a good photograph.

Pam

9. Thank you Ray!
    Well thank you anyway, I'll check when i get home...
    Thanks Gaylee!!
    Thank you I bought a book, last year about what to plant on our Garden and I hope it will make more birds and hummers come this year
    Thank you Pam!

10. Thanks Buddy! I have been drawn into working on my yacht clubs website and IT and it is taking a lot of time, that and al this rain we have makes little time for taking pictures

11. Thanks Louie!

I have only shot about 10 shots withthe D2Hs sofar inital impression is that it is about a stop better then the D2X on noise....

12. Very nice Andreas. San Diego is a very beautiful spot.

13. Hi Andreas,

I'm looking at Sibley and I think you Forster's ID is correct. The orange bill with the black tip and the red legs make it either Forster's or Common. The Forster's has a white body while the Common is more gray (yours looks white on my monitor). The Forster's has a longer tail and the tail sure looks long.

Hope this helps,
    Bob

14. Superb images my friend. Great post - enjoyed it very much. The compositions and colors are excellent. I'll go with Forster's too :).

Best,

Jose

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Beautiful images Andreas.

16. Thanks all I was thrilled to see it feeding, I didnt have any good shots of that, 20 second later the neighbor came ina car and scared it away, stopped and aske me what I was taking pictures of..... I wasn't happy....

17. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent set Andreas. I love the natural settings.

18. Those are some of the finest captures posted well done Andreas

19. Excellent shots as always. The Master is back!

20. Thanks Frank!! Suddenly she was just there by the flower and I had to get busy, very hard to focus on her, she was moving so quickly, I'm convinced now that hand holding tghe 300 F4 is the rigyh method if the shutter speed is high enough, I use the setting for high synchspeed and at close range it works pretty well.

I'm blushing, but thank you!
    Master I dont know about I have a lot to learn, there are many here on tyhe forum that are great inspiration, it but one of the reason why the cafe is such a nice place to hang around!