Humming Birds in San Diego

I'm down for a short break visiting my friend, in La Mesa California, just east of San Diego and couldnt resist a few Hummer shots.....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And for good Measure a Tern from Bosla Chica, can someone confirm ID of the Tern?

Nice stuff enjoy your trip I was wonderign where you have been guess a lot of work to be done aroudn the house!!!

P

Pam the Spiderwoman

Andras, I like the last 2 of the humming Bird, the Tern is also a good photograph.

Pam

Thank you Ray!
These are all stunning -- awesome job from some great glass.
Well thank you anyway, I'll check when i get home...
great stuff! not near my bird book to check on the Tern.
Thanks Gaylee!!
Very beautiful Andreas
Thank you I bought a book, last year about what to plant on our Garden and I hope it will make more birds and hummers come this year
WOW! Talk about gorgeous! I think I need to plant some stuff in my yard that would attract hummers! Keep em comin!
Thank you Pam!
Andras, I like the last 2 of the humming Bird, the Tern is also a good photograph.

Pam

Hi Andreas,

I'm looking at Sibley and I think you Forster's ID is correct. The orange bill with the black tip and the red legs make it either Forster's or Common. The Forster's has a white body while the Common is more gray (yours looks white on my monitor). The Forster's has a longer tail and the tail sure looks long.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Superb images my friend. Great post - enjoyed it very much. The compositions and colors are excellent. I'll go with Forster's too :).

Best,

Jose

Thanks all I was thrilled to see it feeding, I didnt have any good shots of that, 20 second later the neighbor came ina car and scared it away, stopped and aske me what I was taking pictures of..... I wasn't happy....

Very nice Andreas. San Diego is a very beautiful spot.
Hi Andreas,

I'm looking at Sibley and I think you Forster's ID is correct. The orange bill with the black tip and the red legs make it either Forster's or Common. The Forster's has a white body while the Common is more gray (yours looks white on my monitor). The Forster's has a longer tail and the tail sure looks long.

Hope this helps,
Bob
Superb images my friend. Great post - enjoyed it very much. The compositions and colors are excellent. I'll go with Forster's too :).

Best,

Jose
Beautiful images Andreas.

Thanks Frank!! Suddenly she was just there by the flower and I had to get busy, very hard to focus on her, she was moving so quickly, I'm convinced now that hand holding tghe 300 F4 is the rigyh method if the shutter speed is high enough, I use the setting for high synchspeed and at close range it works pretty well.

Excellent set Andreas. I love the natural settings.
I'm blushing, but thank you!
Those are some of the finest captures posted well done Andreas
Master I dont know about I have a lot to learn, there are many here on tyhe forum that are great inspiration, it but one of the reason why the cafe is such a nice place to hang around!
Excellent shots as always. The Master is back!