Hummingbird Bait!

All the photos of hummers on this forum are driving me nuts! A few years ago, we looked out our window and saw a Hummingbird at our ornamental Apple Tree. I promptly ran out and got a feeder. Since then, nothing. This year, I am determined to attract them. I did some reading and addded different flowers to my front yard to whet their appetites: Fuschias, Woodbine, Morning Glory, Lilies and Dahlias. Then I went out and got a second feeder. Finally, I put up a road sign!

45163478.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last Saturday, we saw one passing through our yard! He didn't stop but I'm hopeful he is out there telling his friends about the spot!

Good Luck, Lin....I hope you are successful in your endeavor as they are a true joy to watch...I'd say photograph as well, but I've never been successful at it myself. But my children and I enjoy watching them nonetheless. We just put out countless feeders and keep them filled and before long we have dozens and dozens of them buzzing around. Enjoy them when they come!

Cool sign Lin, all I can suggest to attract them is keep putting up the feeder every year in the same place starting at the begging of march when the Rufous migration starts coming through, or even all year round since the Anna's winter in Vancouver now.

They remember from year to year where the feeders so it will become part of there trapline.

Bugs are a big part of there diet and is more important to them than the flowers especially when they first get here when there are not many blooms around.

Martin

Latest threads

Top Bottom