1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hummingbird Chicks

Discussion in 'Birds' started by papafoxtrot, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Last year, I posted a few shots of a hummingbird's nest and also the eggs that were in it. I stated that I would send shots of the chicks when they hatched. But I was gone on my day job for a short while and when I came back the nest was bare.

Fortunately, this year, I have something to show you from another nest with two chicks.

Below is a Ruby Throated hummingbird chick. Here is a link to all of them...

http://gallery.mac.com/paulfrye#100024&bgcolor=black&view=carouseljs&sel=7

Regards,

Paul

[​IMG]

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    That shot is incredible. Congratulations. What was the shooting info?

3. Wow, great shots, Paul! Momma taught those younguns to sit perfectly still, didn't she.

4. Thanks SRA,

Follow the link and click on the photo for an enlargement. Then you can click on the "i" below the photo and it will show all photo info.

Regards,

Paul

5. Thanks...

They DO sit very still. They are all squeezed in the nest and getting bigger every day...but I see them just sitting there. Momma does not come close when people are around...but signs of her presence are very prevalent -- if you know what I mean.

They are about 5-6 days old now and I expect to find an empty nest very shortly.

Regards,

Paul

6. Congratulations - - amazing shots.

Lil :) 

7. Paul,

This is an amazing shot! Congrats!! :smile:

8. Counter

Counter

Sep 18, 2007
    London
    Something I've always wanted to see!! Thanks very much.

9. Wow, Paul! This is an amazing series you have on your web site. All at 200mm, huh? Is that with a macro lens? How close were you? :eek:  I just can't believe you were able to capture this... :smile:

10. Incredible shot.

11. Wow! these shots are fantastic. :)  I have never seen a hummer nest before.

I also see that you are using the .Mac Web Gallery, can you tell me the best way to get the right size etc to download to the site?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.