Hummingbird Chicks

Last year, I posted a few shots of a hummingbird's nest and also the eggs that were in it. I stated that I would send shots of the chicks when they hatched. But I was gone on my day job for a short while and when I came back the nest was bare.

Fortunately, this year, I have something to show you from another nest with two chicks.

Below is a Ruby Throated hummingbird chick. Here is a link to all of them...

http://gallery.mac.com/paulfrye#100024&bgcolor=black&view=carouseljs&sel=7

Regards,

Paul

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks SRA,

Follow the link and click on the photo for an enlargement. Then you can click on the "i" below the photo and it will show all photo info.

Regards,

Paul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks...

They DO sit very still. They are all squeezed in the nest and getting bigger every day...but I see them just sitting there. Momma does not come close when people are around...but signs of her presence are very prevalent -- if you know what I mean.

They are about 5-6 days old now and I expect to find an empty nest very shortly.

Regards,

Paul

Wow, great shots, Paul! Momma taught those younguns to sit perfectly still, didn't she.

Wow, Paul! This is an amazing series you have on your web site. All at 200mm, huh? Is that with a macro lens? How close were you? :eek: I just can't believe you were able to capture this... :smile:

Wow! these shots are fantastic. :) I have never seen a hummer nest before.

I also see that you are using the .Mac Web Gallery, can you tell me the best way to get the right size etc to download to the site?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom