Hummingbird, female Rufous.

Tried out the Hummingbirds tonight, there getting pretty ragged from all the scrapping, I saw a couple spiral fifty feet into the air going at it like a couple of roosters, its not unual to see parts of the other bird in the claws, mostly feathers but sometimes it looks like some skin attached.

Tring to get more depth to the pictures how does this work and how do you like the background.
25663377-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Martin

G

GreenCoal

Golly -- it's so beautifully shot !! How did you do it, Kramp?

Beautiful Martin. The colors on the bird are great, and I like the background just fine.

Wish I had some of these guys to shoot at. Guess I need to put up some feeders, huh?

B

Blind Observer

Wow Martin, what a great image, focus on that eye and tack sharp. Very very nice. Thanx for sharing.

GreenCoal said:
Golly -- it's so beautifully shot !! How did you do it, Kramp?

Hi Josh, its simple, I do a feeder background setup then a lighting setup a bit of testing and then I just sit in the chair for a couple of hours and wait for them to come in and feed, and if I am really lucky I will get a picture that I like.

Thanks!

Martin

Flew said:
Beautiful Martin. The colors on the bird are great, and I like the background just fine.

Wish I had some of these guys to shoot at. Guess I need to put up some feeders, huh?

Yes a feeder would help. ;o)

Try walking around your yard with a red hat on and if you here something zipping around you that means you have Hummingbirds.

Thanks for the comment

Martin

Nice shot Kramp,

I have never tried this but afte seeing yours I am guessing I should just leave it to the experts. :wink:

Colors are great and I really like the back ground.

Thanks for sharing.

Keith said:
Beautifully and tastefully done as ALWAYS!!!!!!
See your still keeping busy! Great shot

Keith

Thanks Keith, its nice when it all starts to come together.

I am going out a couple of times a days taking pictures, just in the yard and over at the pond I have been getting some nice insect pictures and getting some jobs done around the house that the pressure is on to complete.

Martin

TR_Fox said:
Nice shot Kramp,

I have never tried this but afte seeing yours I am guessing I should just leave it to the experts. :wink:

Colors are great and I really like the back ground.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feed back Tim, give it a try, its lots of fun.

Martin

hillrg said:
Can you give us all the gory technical details Martin - I really like the splayed tail!

Background is a planter sitting on a step ladder, I used that homemade feeder with a flower blossom attached with an elastic band.

Five flashes all triggered by the pop up flash, flashes were set at 1/16 except the one for the background it was set higher.

Equipment Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D70
Camera Software: Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
Maximum Lens Aperture: f/5.7
Sensing Method: One-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern: 634

Image-Specific Properties:

Image Orientation: Top, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution: 300 dpi
Vertical Resolution: 300 dpi
Image Created: 2005:06:20 22:06:00
Exposure Time: 1/500 sec
F-Number: f/13.0
Exposure Program: Manual
Exposure Bias: 1 EV
Metering Mode: Pattern
Light Source: Unknown
Flash: Flash, Auto, Return Not Detected
Focal Length: 300.00 mm
Color Space Information: sRGB
Image Width: 2400
Image Height: 3000

Is that the technical info you were looking for?

Any time you want to come up and try my setup let me know not many mature males around but there still are imatures and females.

Martin

Thanks Martin. The results show it was well worth the effort. Glad to know that you can shoot at 1/500 with multiple flashes - I gather they are all SB800's.

Next time I am passing through I'll look you up if that is okay. Not sure when though - I don't head north to often ;^)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom