Hummingbird Moth and some other cool flowers

D

dbirdsong

I took these today... D70, Sigma 80-200 HSM EX with a Sigma 2x TC and a SB800

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They were watering the flowers while I was shooting and that made for some pretty cool shots too like these

You're right Dave, these are cool flowers. Cools shots too. I love the hummingbird moths, and I like the way that you've captured the streaks of water.

Very nice. :wink:

D

dbirdsong

Flew said:
You're right Dave, these are cool flowers. Cools shots too. I love the hummingbird moths, and I like the way that you've captured the streaks of water.

Very nice. :wink:
Thanks Frank

Dave,

I have to echo Frank's sentiments, I like the hummingbird moths, but I especially like the way you captured the flowers as they were being watered. The lighting is really nice and I can also hear the water droplets... :biggrin:

nice shots ... the moth is much better then mine.. they are hard to get.. they won;t hold still... took about 25 shots of one the other day.. got maybe 2 that are close to as good as your..but will keep trying...

Tim

Nice set of images - I especially like the last one. I assume its a sprinkler system to produce sideways streaks.

Nice use of flash - I always burn things out. More practice required me thinks.

D

dbirdsong

CrystallP said:
Dave,

I have to echo Frank's sentiments, I like the hummingbird moths, but I especially like the way you captured the flowers as they were being watered. The lighting is really nice and I can also hear the water droplets... :biggrin:
Thanks Crystal.. That was a lot of fun photographing them

D

dbirdsong

mrtac2man said:
nice shots ... the moth is much better then mine.. they are hard to get.. they won;t hold still... took about 25 shots of one the other day.. got maybe 2 that are close to as good as your..but will keep trying...

Tim

I tried last week when I was there and didn't get a good one at all.
This time I took about 50 to get 2 or 3 good ones. It was pretty hard at 600mm to follow them, get it in focus and take the shot before the flew on the next flower.
So do I what I did.. Just click away and hope for the best :smile:

D

dbirdsong

simonramsden said:
Nice set of images - I especially like the last one. I assume its a sprinkler system to produce sideways streaks.

Nice use of flash - I always burn things out. More practice required me thinks.

Yeap that was it, that and a shutter speed of 1/160 or so
Thanks for your kind words

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom