Hummingbird Moth and some other cool flowers

D

dbirdsong

Guest
I took these today... D70, Sigma 80-200 HSM EX with a Sigma 2x TC and a SB800

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)



They were watering the flowers while I was shooting and that made for some pretty cool shots too like these

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
You're right Dave, these are cool flowers. Cools shots too. I love the hummingbird moths, and I like the way that you've captured the streaks of water.

Very nice. :wink:
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
Flew said:
You're right Dave, these are cool flowers. Cools shots too. I love the hummingbird moths, and I like the way that you've captured the streaks of water.

Very nice. :wink:
Thanks Frank
 
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,925
Location
Owings Mills, MD
Dave,

I have to echo Frank's sentiments, I like the hummingbird moths, but I especially like the way you captured the flowers as they were being watered. The lighting is really nice and I can also hear the water droplets... :biggrin:
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
1,961
Location
CT
nice shots ... the moth is much better then mine.. they are hard to get.. they won;t hold still... took about 25 shots of one the other day.. got maybe 2 that are close to as good as your..but will keep trying...

Tim
 
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
1,208
Location
Swanage, UK
Nice set of images - I especially like the last one. I assume its a sprinkler system to produce sideways streaks.

Nice use of flash - I always burn things out. More practice required me thinks.
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
CrystallP said:
Dave,

I have to echo Frank's sentiments, I like the hummingbird moths, but I especially like the way you captured the flowers as they were being watered. The lighting is really nice and I can also hear the water droplets... :biggrin:
Thanks Crystal.. That was a lot of fun photographing them
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
mrtac2man said:
nice shots ... the moth is much better then mine.. they are hard to get.. they won;t hold still... took about 25 shots of one the other day.. got maybe 2 that are close to as good as your..but will keep trying...

Tim

I tried last week when I was there and didn't get a good one at all.
This time I took about 50 to get 2 or 3 good ones. It was pretty hard at 600mm to follow them, get it in focus and take the shot before the flew on the next flower.
So do I what I did.. Just click away and hope for the best :smile:
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
simonramsden said:
Nice set of images - I especially like the last one. I assume its a sprinkler system to produce sideways streaks.

Nice use of flash - I always burn things out. More practice required me thinks.

Yeap that was it, that and a shutter speed of 1/160 or so
Thanks for your kind words
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom