Hummingbird redo..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Aug 8, 2005.

1. I want to print this out at 11 x14 so I have dug up the nef and started from scratch, I corrected the exposure and did some curves on it in Capture, since it was horribly under exposed.

Then in cs2 I did a vertical crop, cloned out some white distracting flowers, mild lens blur on the background, tlr capture sharpening, tlr creative sharpening around the eye, did a bit of lighting affect since it was lit pretty even and I wanted the face to be the brightest spot.

What do you think any suggestions on improvements before I print?
    [​IMG]
    Martin

2. Martin, don't forget to put your name on it...
    Great technic, I'm sure it will turn out a fantastic hanger!

3. Looks great to me.....agree about your "signature"....also, remember that when it is matted it will take some space around the edges so allow a little extra there so none of the subject is covered.... :)

4. Stunning

Just absoullty stunnig work a wall hanger for sure

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Excellent work!!
    question what is tir ??
    and did you sharpen in Capture and CS2??

6. Martin, you are the MAN. You really have a fantastic photo to be proud of. Your post proscessing it made it stand out with stunning eye appeal.
    Pete

7. I really like this image Martin, great capture. This is one I would hang in my house.

8. Hi Ben, tlr is The lights Right Studios sharpening scripts they work very well although a lot slower than just using usm.

Gale mentioned them a couple of weeks ago and I have been trying them out ever since.

http://www.thelightsrightstudio.com...hopTools/TLRProfessionalSharpeningToolkit.htm

I just sharpen in cs2 and turn off all sharpening in Capture.

Martin

9. Thanks for the compliments, and info.

I had to take a lot of Hummingbird pictures to get that pose, I didn't get anything like it this year.

It was with my 70-300ED and three flashes.

Martin

10. You dont need to do anything else with this one but sign ut and print it at a good shop to do it full justice

Nice work! and thanks for the eduction on how to do it, I will try as well...

11. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks I'll give it a try

12. Martin

Whats not to like!!!!!!!!!! Print er! Beautiful pic Martin :!: two thumbs up!!! 45921605.gif

13. Doesn't get any better than this!! :shock: :shock:

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Incredible shot Martin. I went to the link you provided and was not enthusiastic about the amount of memory and the processing time that the sharpening applet that you are using takes (at least according to the author's site).

I sure would like to see this same image processed in NC and PS CS using the FM Intellisharpen II plug-in. I have been very pleased with my results with it, and it only takes a few seconds to run (at least on D2H 25MB TIFF files).

15. I have never tried Intellisharpen so i can't do a comparison, the tlr scripts use the new smart sharpen in cs2 and it is slower, you can use usm with it also for quicker results.

Martin

16. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Martin:

This is such a beautiful picture and the colors are so rich. I remember this one from way back and that you took it with the 70-300ED. I was and still am amazed. I have that lens and some of my best shots were taken with that lens.

17. Canyonlu

Canyonlu Guest

Ohmygoodness-it's perfect!

Wonderfully perfect shot, Martin! It's simply gorgeous.

18. Thank you very much Lisa and Marilu, it printed out very nice at 11 x14 even though it is a crop I think I could go bigger.

The 70-300ED is still my favorite Hummingbird lens its the greatest for getting a quick focus lock at minimum focus distance.

Martin