Hummingbirds from Today - Hey Gale! Using that 70-300

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PhotoByMark, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Hey Gale - These are all with the 70-300!

Here are a couple shots from this evenings Hummingbird shoot.

"What are you doing"
    24598446_bb8c13ba9b_o.

"In Flight"
    24598506_151ec0cf63_o.

"Way up there"
    24598534_557cab64eb_o.

"Final Approach"
    24598496_94f205129f_o.

"Give me some food!"
    24602399_c934e4fcdd.

2. Cool shots, looks like you have a few of those hummers to keep you busy ;-)

3. Thanks,

Yeah we do. I think we must have at least 50 of them. Maybe more?

I have been trying to take pics of them in the tree's and of course in flight and that is prooving to be quite a challenge. Very tough to spot them once they land and they do not sit still for long. Kind of fun though.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very good Mark. I sure wish you guys would send a few of those hummers my way. 8)

5. Nice jsut seen my first two hummers at my feeder last night

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Mark, I am impressed !!!!!!

Not so bad a lens afterall. But then in you hands it shines.

Excellent .... Look great.

Proud of you for sure. Keep up the great work.

7. Thanks for sharing these images. You have a veritable traffic jam on that last shot.

8. Thanks,

I have a bunch of photos at the feeders (some of them are ok) but, now I want to start tracking them in the trees and in flight.

I still do not have one yet that I feel like is a real "Keeper". I'll get one though in time.

These birds are very smart or it seems so anyway. When I go out there w/o camera I can stand right next to the feeder and they come right up however, when camera is out there they tend to be a little more shy. I should keep tripod outside with a black box on top of it. Maybe they would get used to it? I do use fill flash most of the still maybe that spooks them a little bit.

I just noticed the last pic is like 1/4 the size of the others. Need to see why that it is so? That is the full frame picture.

That last pic is not all the neat. Except for the 2 in the background. The one near the bottom was actually pulling the other off the feeder. Tried to capture that but missed it.

Probably gonna give it another go this evening.

9. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shots, Mark! I sure wish you'd send a few of those guys a little further south -- I've only seen 1 or 2 hummers all year and finally just took the feeder down.

10. Very cool hummer shots!! :D :D :D