Hummingbirds with Canon 500d

Well this was a challenge, got to get within the 22-24inches, manual focus on these little guys if you can get them in the frame to focus. LOL.......Was shot with 1 speedlight only on camera, handheld.........

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 9309

View attachment 9310

Thanks Gilles and Kevin, was allot of fun to shoot. Trying to figure out a good lighting situation when shooting the 500d, tough when you have to be so close..........

K

Klaus L.

wow ... all of them are outstanding! :shock:
i like the 3rd one best!

kEITH,

I know you are afraid of Big Fuzzy Teddy Bears.

So tell me.. Did you dress as a rose bush to get this close to hmmers !!!! :>)))))

Whats to say except...

SPECTACULAR

Those are something else Keith, way to go, I can even see the eye lashes.

Getting with in two feet is pretty good, my hummers if I move when there at the feeder when I am five feet away they are out of there.

Martin

Keith,

I was going to reply your outstanding "Birds" post, but these are even better!!

I can't figure how you got so close unless you had a blind of some sort, but even then I don't see how! We sometimes see hummers on some flowers in our side yard maybe 25 feet from the house, but if I go out the back door, they scatter right away.

Bob

Keith,

All I can say is wow! I can't wait to test my 500D! I felt so silly because I didn't realize that you can get that close to your subject. Your images leave me speechless!

Keith,

What did you do? Coat yourself with honey? - No wonder that bear was so close. :) :) :) These are superb!!! Great work and thanks for sharing.

I have to say.........

Truth be told Harry, forgot I posted these in the Macro forum. :oops: But hey Im all for firsts! :lol:

I have to say, I'm over whelmed reading everyones comments :shock: , thank you everyone for such nice words and encouragement. Continues to make us strive harder. Obviously I got lucky first time out.........fingers crossed it holds..........

Latest threads

Top Bottom