Hummmmmmmmmers...

And a couple owls...

New baby Great horned owl.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another business trip to San diego and I get more shooting done down here than home:smile:

I found it very challenging to figure out how to shoot these guys in the wild without multiple flashes and studio. As you will see many are over flashed and washed some of the colors out.:frown:

All shot with the Nikkor 300 2.8 and D2x. Some with Sb-800 and some not. Huntington Beach library.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Plenty more here: http://www.pbase.com/chip_g/hummers

Chip!!

These are great! Wow, look at the claws on that baby owl!! Yikes!! Your hummers are amazing too. My butterfly-humming bird garden is on hold due to the weird weather. I hope it warms up soon.

Thanks for the comments folks. I always enjoy coming down to San Diego and finding something new to shoot. Watching these hummers was quite fun.

Chip, these are terrific. What an opening shot - that baby horned is adorable, especially with the backlighting on the feathers.

Your hummer shots are outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

Chip.....simply stated, these are fantastic. Love the backlighting on the GHO and the images of the Hummers are remarkable. Whatever effort you put in to prepare for the Hummers was well worth every second of your time. Excellant!

Chip all I can say how sweet are these,nice captures and thanks for sharing them with us.:smile:

B

Blue

Love the hummers shots, especially #1, I saved it to my hd, if you don't mind.

Thanks folks for looking and the comments. Hopefully these guys will show up in Washington soon.

Beautiful shots, so well done. How do you mount your SB800? The flash is done so well.

Thanks John, I just mounted it right in the hot shoe, although I saw a couple guys that were using a flash bracket mounted on the lens. That extra (fifth) flash battery on the SB-800 helped recycle the flash, although had I been thinking I should have brought the external battery pack I have.

Love the hummers shots, especially #1, I saved it to my hd, if you don't mind.
Thanks. I dont mind at all Blue.

Latest threads

Top Bottom