Humor for the bird photographers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Glacier, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    You ever had a bird sit so long that it had time to paint its toenails? I had been waiting for a long time for this Greenie to fly and took my hands off the camera to get a drink and as soon as I did he took off. I reached up and tripped the shutter as fast as I could and came away with this. You've got to laugh at these situations if you photograph birds. I also have quite a butt collection if your interested. Birds not babes. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[​IMG]

2. LOL.... I was waiting on an Egret once, it just hung out there - - forever. I finally threw a pebble far from it to make a noise. Oh - it took off. I missed it totally..... Won't try that again. :-(

Lil

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is just to good

Got an Eagle like that.
    Hummmm wonder what color he/ would like for his/her nails

rofl

4. I rarely find humor in it Andy normally I just erase it as soon as it happens and have a few words with myself for being so careless. It is nice to find out it happens to others as well.:smile::biggrin:

5. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Red, white and blue! :tongue:

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I've done that so many times, I should get an award :biggrin:

7. Great one Gary. :biggrin: :biggrin:

It happens to me almost every time I go birding.

8. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Boy can I relate to this.

9. LOL! Yep, I can sure commiserate and laugh with you!

This is one of my early attempts at bird shots....

[​IMG]

10. After I picked up my PHD (cum laude, BTW) in Missed Shots, I thought I had patented that process - all y'all owe me some money, now, y'hear! :cool:

11. AHhhh Andy this is not the worst thing that can happen. It would have been worse if you got the bird but it was blured or worse yet when you got up for a drink you knocked 10 grand of equipment off the rest or knocked the tripod over. Or ===the battery went dead:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

12. Great post. I think this is something that most of us can relate to. There are times when my eyes start to water, my legs tremble knowing if I stand up I may miss the shot. Well it often happens, even when looking for the signs the bird is about to leave.

The last time this happened was watching an eagle. Bill Dewey and I were waiting and waiting. Bill decided to take his tc off and that darn bird knew he was doing it. Just as he was about ready to shoot the darn eagle took off.

Great post.