1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hungry pelican

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julien, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Even after seeing this a few times , I just can't believe it :Swirl: :Swirl: :Swirl: :Swirl:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    As much as I appreciate nature, I would have freaked out if I saw that in person.

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I saw that a few days ago. I had no idea that they would do that.

4. Impressive link Julien, wow!
    The animal Kingdom: Eat or be Eaten....then again, us humans are not much different - we just "eat" differently :smile:

5. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I think it would be the same for me. You can make out a young child near the fence, that screams therapy :rolleyes: 

Neither did I ...

Yup , that's really freaky. I had no idea whatsoever that pelicans would and could do that !!!

6. Wow, now thats one hungry bird. unbelievable!!!!:Shocked:

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Wow, somewhat gross but Iv'e seen a lot worse on Discovery Channels presentation of "Planet Earth". Did anyone catch the film footage of the Great White Sharks lunging out of the water to eat a seal, Impressive! - Jeff

8. So is the pelican a cannibal if it eats another bird but not another pelican??? 'Cause that's one canniballistic bird!!!:eek:  :eek:  :tongue:

9. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Yes Jeff, my wife and I caught that on Discovery HD the other night. It was amazing how far out of the water that great white jumped to eat that seal. What was more amazing though was how slow they had to run the video for us viewers to even see it. I wish they would have shown it in real-time so we could see how fast that shark really is. Nature is amazing...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.