Hunting Dogs

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dbirdsong, Sep 3, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

There is a dog training course on some state land about 3 miles from my house that is used all the time by dog owners to train their dogs to retrieve.
    This morning I headed over there to see if I could maybe get a couple good photos.
    This is Jim and one of his dogs.

[​IMG]

Jim is about to launch a dummy that his golden lab just loves to go and retrieve.

[​IMG]

This is Jim's other dog, she doesn't like the dummy launches instead she would rather just go hunt real birds.
    [​IMG]

I spent about an hour just talking and photographing Jim and his dogs.
    Nice way to start my day.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good shots of a sweet puppy. :smile:

3. Wow what a face. Nicely done.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Frank and Jim...

5. Brew

Brew Guest

Very nice. Did you happen to ask what kind of dog that last one is? Looks like it could be our dogs grandpa if it's a silver Lab.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Yeah it is a wimeriener (might not be spelled right)
    Great bird dogs, and very friendly too. This one kept trying to crawl up into my lap.

7. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Close - its weimaraner, you had the right idea. I've got one of those. If you can handle their energy level, they're great dogs. Just a little on the stubborn side.

Brew - I thought your pup was one of these when I first saw it.

8. Nice shots, I remember many of days training my lab, or him training me. LOL.......brings back many fond memories! thanks for sharing

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey one thing I can tell you about me is that I can't spell worth a darn....
    In fact I can mispell a word without even trying :redface:
    I have always liked weimaraner's (funny thing is my mac says that weimaraner is misspelled, so I will just have to take your word that it is correct :biggrin: )
    Heck my wife says I am lot on the stubborn side.. so maybe that is why I like them

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Glad I could help Keith :smile:

11. Fun shots Dave. I see they have a radio controled device around their neck to insure obedience.

12. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Yeah, as Jim was telling me, she is still a work in progress... He had to use it a couple of times with her while I was there, she reacted real fast to it too.