Hunting Dogs

D

dbirdsong

Guest
There is a dog training course on some state land about 3 miles from my house that is used all the time by dog owners to train their dogs to retrieve.
This morning I headed over there to see if I could maybe get a couple good photos.
This is Jim and one of his dogs.

_DSC8889.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Jim is about to launch a dummy that his golden lab just loves to go and retrieve.

_DSC8891framed.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


This is Jim's other dog, she doesn't like the dummy launches instead she would rather just go hunt real birds.
_DSC8855Framed.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


I spent about an hour just talking and photographing Jim and his dogs.
Nice way to start my day.
 
B

Brew

Guest
Very nice. Did you happen to ask what kind of dog that last one is? Looks like it could be our dogs grandpa if it's a silver Lab.

47286074.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
Brew said:
Very nice. Did you happen to ask what kind of dog that last one is? Looks like it could be our dogs grandpa if it's a silver Lab.

Yeah it is a wimeriener (might not be spelled right)
Great bird dogs, and very friendly too. This one kept trying to crawl up into my lap.
 
Joined
May 2, 2005
Messages
663
Location
Madison, AL
dbirdsong said:
Yeah it is a wimeriener (might not be spelled right)
Great bird dogs, and very friendly too. This one kept trying to crawl up into my lap.

Close - its weimaraner, you had the right idea. I've got one of those. If you can handle their energy level, they're great dogs. Just a little on the stubborn side.

Brew - I thought your pup was one of these when I first saw it.
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
3,424
Location
Edmonton, Alberta
Nice shots, I remember many of days training my lab, or him training me. LOL.......brings back many fond memories! thanks for sharing
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
cknight said:
Close - its weimaraner, you had the right idea. I've got one of those. If you can handle their energy level, they're great dogs. Just a little on the stubborn side.

Brew - I thought your pup was one of these when I first saw it.


Hey one thing I can tell you about me is that I can't spell worth a darn....
In fact I can mispell a word without even trying :redface:
I have always liked weimaraner's (funny thing is my mac says that weimaraner is misspelled, so I will just have to take your word that it is correct :biggrin: )
Heck my wife says I am lot on the stubborn side.. so maybe that is why I like them
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
Keith said:
Nice shots, I remember many of days training my lab, or him training me. LOL.......brings back many fond memories! thanks for sharing


Glad I could help Keith :smile:
 
D

dbirdsong

Guest
greyflash said:
Fun shots Dave. I see they have a radio controled device around their neck to insure obedience.


Yeah, as Jim was telling me, she is still a work in progress... He had to use it a couple of times with her while I was there, she reacted real fast to it too.
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom