Huntsville Airshow 2008

PGB

Here are a few shots from Saturday at the Airshow.

A-10 Thunderbolt II aka Warthog
322322485_sDe6v-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A-10 inbound
322322595_YnvYb-O.jpg

May I take your order sir? "I'll have a hotdog with everything"
322322688_kp6jZ-O.jpg

I didn't have the best spot for the angels as the boys and I left the field to beat the traffic on exit.

Blue Angels
322322826_y78BL-XL.jpg

Lone Angel
322322910_fTGeW-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking,

PGB

Excellent. Razor sharp Patrick.

Thanks Rich. These were taken with the D200 and 300mm F4 EDIF AF lens, you know the old one. Which is still one of my favorites.

awesome series, patrick
looks like it was a wonderful day to enjoy the airshow

thanks for sharing these with us

Thanks for looking Greg. Yesterday was an enjoyable day and Ryan and Ben had fun.

Regards,

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great shots,

Still to this day the D200 takes such nice Airshow pics! BUT the operator needs to be given a ton of credit, great metering, WB, Panning, and overall look to the images Congrats! Well done Patrick

PGB

Oooo, nice shots Patrick. I would have loved shooting some at that airshow.

Frits,

Thanks for looking. We had a good time. The A10 was my favorite. There is just something about it that makes me smile. If I had the opportunity to fly in the Air Force that would be my pick for sure. Its so agile!

Thanks,

PGB

Great shots,

Still to this day the D200 takes such nice Airshow pics! BUT the operator needs to be given a tone of credit, great metering, WB, Panning, and overall look to the images Congrats! Well done Patrick

Thanks so much Wade for looking. The d200 is a great cam. The weather worked out yesterday too for some good photography.

Good sharp photograph Patrick. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for looking. The boys really liked the Warthog. They were really impressed with the static one they had on the taxiway for them to climb on.

Cheers,

The A-10 Warthog - definitely one of my all time favorites. If I could think of any plane that I WOULDN'T want to see heading my way as a bad guy, this would be it - on the ground, in a foxhole, in a truck, heck, even in a tank - it wouldn't matter at all to this master of close air support. These guys come after you - you are H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. Are there sexier planes?? Well maybe, but more effective - not yet. :rolleyes:

I was so saddened by the tragic ending to what was a great weekend of air displays. The Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, the Golden Knights, and of course the A-10 (and many others). I'm very thankful that Patrick and the boys are OK.

Real Name
Tony Saya
Our ANG unit here in Syracuse Flew the A-10 for quite some time as stated earlier not a real sexy plane but if I was on the ground I wouldn't want the A-10 coming after me. Some ungodly fire power on that plane

BTW love the first shot beautiful shot

PGB

What beauties! I love airshows and haven't seen one in years! The Of course with me being a Navy Aunt, the Blue Angels really hit home with me! Wonderful series and glad ya'll had fun!

Thanks for looking!

The A-10 Warthog - definitely one of my all time favorites. If I could think of any plane that I WOULDN'T want to see heading my way as a bad guy, this would be it - on the ground, in a foxhole, in a truck, heck, even in a tank - it wouldn't matter at all to this master of close air support. These guys come after you - you are H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. Are there sexier planes?? Well maybe, but more effective - not yet. :rolleyes:

I was so saddened by the tragic ending to what was a great weekend of air displays. The Blue Angels, Patty Wagstaff, the Golden Knights, and of course the A-10 (and many others). I'm very thankful that Patrick and the boys are OK.

Frank, thanks for looking I agree the A10 is one of the best.

Yes the tent malfunction injuring 12 and fatally injuring that child was a terrible disaster. We had VIP tickets and the boys and I were in that very tent on Saturday. On saturday there was a direct 20kt crosswind right into the tents and that was bad enough.

Thanks for looking Frank.

Our ANG unit here in Syracuse Flew the A-10 for quite some time as stated earlier not a real sexy plane but if I was on the ground I wouldn't want the A-10 coming after me. Some ungodly fire power on that plane

BTW love the first shot beautiful shot

Thanks so much. We had a good time and loved all the displays of pilotage and aircraft.

Darn nice shootin', Patrick.

I love the second one of the A-10, where you can see what the pilot is doing.

You must have been on the west side of the runway because it looks like you had less backlighting to contend with than I did. It was a great show. Too bad about Sunday.

PGB

I love the second one of the A-10, where you can see what the pilot is doing.

You must have been on the west side of the runway because it looks like you had less backlighting to contend with than I did. It was a great show. Too bad about Sunday.

Joe,

I was just south of midfield east of the runway in the tent area. We had some great seats. The BA shots were from HWY 20. We exited prior to their display to avoid traffic congestion. The boys were already getting restless.

Thanks for looking,

Looks like yall had a good time. Hopefully the sun didn't roast you.
The A-10 is one of my favorites. Unfortunately, most of my A-10 shots weren't that great.
Be glad you left early - it took me about 1.5 hours to get out on Saturday.

Latest threads

Top Bottom