Hurdle Fever

Here are a few pics from the T&F state qualifier. I concentrated on the hurdle events at the start of the meet. It's interesting to note the different styles of the athletes. Hurdling is a highly technical event. Clearly some of these athletes have better techniques.

I will post the other events in a few days.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. I enjoy shooting the hurdle events. I do remember Moses. He was untouchable for many years, and is one of the few hurdlers who could run under 47 seconds.

Even though it isn't action, I like #1 the best. Nice framing technique and I will have to remember in case I ever have to get a feature shot of a specific athlete.

Thanks, Steve and Jon.

For #1, occasionally a hurdler will look up for a brief moment after they get set. Since you have to choose a lane to shoot, you have to be lucky for the athlete in your lane doing that. But catching that moment is exhilarating. A shot with the hurdler looking right at you delivers much more impact IMHO.

Fell in love with #1. What awesome framing. Would love to see one where you did catch them looking down the track at the camera.

Thanks, Todd and Mike. Haven't got one yet where the athlete is looking at the camera. Will keep shooting :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom