Hurrican help offered....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TOLady, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Anyone who wants to pack all their camera gear and drive north, there's a place for you here - one condition: need to own some lenses I need to try out.... the 200-400VR... a 500mm maybe.. the 70-180 macro.. *LMAO*

I have an extra kayak for you, extra paddle.... It's dry here, VERY dry!!!!

2. W Thorne

W Thorne

Jul 24, 2005
    Houston
    Thanks, nice offer. I do have a 500 you could try.

Becareful what you propose. :biggrin: Chances are the hurricane will not be to bad. It's the week without power that's a bummer.

3. is it ok to take you up on this just because I THINK there could be a hurricane in virginia??
    Ill even audition as a sherpa while I'm there (2 birds one rock thingy)
    :^)
    seriously tho, if any of you are in harms way and want to come as far north as va, i will offer the same( sans kayak)
    Dave

4. WThorne, better get out all your ol' camping equipment. I certainly hope you're spared because it looks like it's gonna be a whopper!!!

Sure, Dave!! LOL Still looking for that sherpa, the last two who auditioned fell overboard and were seen swimming for land!! LMAO.

Seriously, if any of you are in harm's way, make SURE you use the ol' grey matter and get the h*ll out. Don't play chicken with Mother Nature, because as an old sailor, I KNOW that Mother Nature always wins! If you insist on staying, write your social security number on the inside of your upper arm in indelible ink. This looks like it's going to be just as bad as Katrina.

5. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Sandi, there's a really nasty shower threatening to dampen the lawn. If Elaine and I can get tickets are we OK for next week? Always thought Toronto would be a fun place to visit. :smile:

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Sandi :

Now, I've always thought sherpas were supposed to be for mountains, not water. Y'see, I've got the mountains in my backyard, and T.O.'s essentially flat, so maybe you would have better luck recruiting someplace with more rise and fall. Even the Niagara Escarpment is kinda puny compared with what we have here in the Southwest...

... unless you want the sherpa to assist you at the CN Tower or the outside of the Skydome ! :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:

John P.

7. Rob, I used to be married to a Brit, it's ALWAYS dampening the front lawn!!! LOL You'd love T.O. as we call it here. Many a pub to wet yer whistle.

JohnP, don't need a sherpa for mountains, just for haulage!!! LOL The hardest part is hauling it all out of the kayak and back into the truck when it's cold, dark and ten o'clock at night!! That kayak has gained about 100% of weight at that time of day, trust me!!