Hurricane Rita

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Do we have any forum members who live in the path of Hurricane Rita? If so, please be safe.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    terri,
    I am listening to a continuos live TV feed from Fox news on a prog called Paltalk.

this storm is also starting to trun a bit.

New Orleans is also in a heap of trouble again.

Good God folks.. Get out be safe.

Bless you all.

3. Best wishes to all in that area. I have a son and a daughter in harms way so I too am hoping That all goes well.

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I sure hope they got out of the way!!! Have you heard from them?

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Hi, Terri!

There are a couple of Cafe members in the Houston/SE Texas area. Each has taken action based on their circumstances and I hope are all ready for the storm. With the movement of the forecast track to the east quite a bit over the past 24 hours, I've elected to stay home for now. I have an alternate evacuation plan to implement if needed, but, with the traffic problems, I'll only do that if the track moves quite a bit back to the west (I live NNW of Houston, so I'm quite a bit off to the weak (left) side of the current track).

I also wish the best to everyone in the storm's path and pray we don't lose any more lives to hurricanes this year.

Thanks for thinking of us!

6. My son is military and is in New Orleans helping there and yes, I talk to him every day. My daughter is not in imminent danger since she lives in Dallas. They do expect lots of rain and possible flooding in parts. Thanks for inquiring.

7. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Terri,
    I feel sorry for folks came to Houston to escape Katrina, now they are on the run again. Hope the best for everybody on the harms way

If RITA move up north then folks in Chicago ( like me ) might be on the harms way so I plan to fly to Idaho Fall :biggrin: to escape RITA for a couple of months

Ben

8. Well the path has changed & looks to go east of Galveston perhaps just inside Louisianna. We were expecting very high winds near San Antonio and central Texas. We have been waiting 2 days for some of our relatives to stay at our house and they were coming from Alvin, TX. It took them 30 hours to go from Alvin, TX to Weimar, TX. Yes 30 hours - Normal conditions would have only taken about 2-2.5 hours at most. IH10 is a mad house with people leaving the Houston area. Anyway, I fear Louisianna is gonna get the brunt of this storm. And we all know New Orleans and the rest of Louisianna does not need anymore of this stuff.

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Beware--Idaho Falls may not have hurricanes--but our blizzard season is approaching. :biggrin:

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Take care and let us know how you are.