hurricane wilma - just some info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marc, Oct 26, 2005.

1. marc

marc Guest

living in south fl. was not fun on monday

hurricane wilma passed directly over naples and traveled across the state

again directly over the palm beach , area.

miami and everything north on the east coast for about 70 miles, is or was totally without electric. about 5 million people, many elderly

yesterday, the day after, most grocery stores were operating on generator power and were open for business, of course you needed a car and gas.
    gas is in very short supply, and massive lines some stretching miles, were seen.

it was a terrible hurricane, and although we were given plenty of warning, the severity of the winds, was incredible.

i know, pebbles kicked up by the wind shattered 6 windows in my SUV, the worst part it is brand new. the stones also leave little dents in the metal.

yesterday got lucky and found a glass place that replaced some of the windows. $2000 dollars.

well, things in south fl. are difficult, but we are resilient and have gone thru this over and over.

i am sure gaye is ok, phone service at best is very spotty and difficult, she may have a generator as many people do but, her prioities are probably causing her to overlook, the internet right now. i do not know her personally, but she will be back and join the forum again.

has anyone herd from BERGER, he lives in palm beach area, there ARE MANY FROM FL. HERE everyone justs needs time to get back there lives.

i am writing this post from a hotel in daytona beach, on my way north for a few weeks. it could be as long as a month for all services to be restored.

marc

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for checking in Mark. Sorry about all the damage you sustained. What city are you in? Birger's ok, but of course, without power.

3. marc

marc Guest

my home is in west palm beach, palm beach gardens

if harris got his electric back, tuesday, he is very lucky, where is he?

everyday things will get better, the folks at fpl are very good.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Harris is in the Jensen Beach area, as is my new winter home I've yet to move into.