Huskey8 back on line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huskey8, Nov 2, 2005.

1. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Hello everyone it is soooo good to be back on line we literally just got back our phone service within the last 15 minutes. Power was down for a week and no water for 4 days. We were in much better shape then a lot of people with a generator and plenty of gas and food but my friends it has been a scary stressful time as of today a lot of people still are without power a lot of houses including mine suffered roof damage and it rained yesterday causing more damage to the houses that had not been able to put up temporary covers. My little family is well Carl started back to school yesterday and Elisa is happy she can go outside and play Ok the embarrassing part during the storm a metal shutter came loose from a huge second story window and started banging against it. If it would have broken it would have been catastrophic since it was facing the way the storm was coming from I went out in the storm got up on a latter and secured the thing but on the way down a huge gust of wind picked me and the latter up and slammed me to the concrete walkway knocking me unconscious and shattering my left arm in 5 places. The hospitals are so packed right now they have put it in a splint until they can operate on it next Thursday to put my elbow back together. I’m so happy that my family came through unscathed and we will all laugh at this one day. Thanks everyone especially Harry B for letting everyone know that I was all right please forgive me for not responding to each individual response it is hard to type with just one hand but I will start to post more after I get my arm fixed and I took a few one handed pictures of the storm damage I will post later. Its so good to see everyone again I missed you all.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow Richard,
    What a ride that was. Guess your gut feeling wasn't far off.
    I am glad you are ok, but not to happy you are hurt.

Take care. Keep in touch when you can and let us know how you are.
    Take care Pal

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Glad to see you back on line Richard. I hope that your operation goes well. Take care of yourself while you are getting all healed up. In the meantime, we're here to keep you company. :wink:

4. Hey Richard!

It's great to hear the your life is getting back to some semblance of normal (whatever that is!). Just take it easy and deal with the important things first.

We'll be thinking about you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

5. Hope life resumes normalcy soon and you mend good as new.
    Dave

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Richard, sorry to hear about your arm, hope your recovery goes smoothly. Sounds like you guys had a pretty rough time of it, glad to hear everyone else is OK.

7. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Hey Richard,

Glad things are slowly returning to normal for ya. Havin gone through 3 hurricanes last year I know how stressful it is.

Good luck with the operation and here's wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.

Give me a call when things settle dowm.