1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hwy 1 in early June 2008 between Big Sur and Carmel

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Charles E Hilton, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Jim shared a few of his nice shots of along hwy 1 between Big Sur and Carmel, this was my second trip. My last trip was in 2004 in September.

It was foggy most of each driving day and I didn't take a lot of photos but this is probably nearer to the Hearst State Park. I had a great time and plan on going back out that way as soon as possible.

The one evening I had nearly gold light hitting the beach and some wonderful images during that last hour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Really beautiful tones and textures ! Congrats !

3. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    These are beautiful... Thanks for sharing.

4. interesting..

5. such a beautiful area
    i like that 2nd one more

well done

6. Beautiful images! That was before the fire, right?

7. holy cow!!! That first photo is awesome! beautiful orange hue

8. This was right about the time the fires started. I am still new to California and was not sure where they were in relation(fires) to me but at times I could smell smoke and see it coming out. I think that is why I had such intense colors in these images. I will share a few others later today. I'm having to fly out for a five day shoot back in Texas Sunday, need to get ready.

What the heck, here are three others, the one of my step daughter is an attempt to play with painting the image using different PhotoShop techniques.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for the comments, this is an awesome drive even without a camera.:smile: I would rather never do it without one though.:Curved:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.