Hyacinths - the Long and the Short of it

Reviewing and sorting spring shots, I realized I hadn't posted a couple of shots I really like .... taken with my favoirte flower camera, the D1h. One features a telphoto closeup (the Long of it), the other a short tele with macro attachment (the short of it). I particularly like the "short" one, although the long shot is also pretty successful IMO. See what you think.

The Long of it .....
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D1h, Nikkor 300mm f/4 ED-IF AF, 1/500s f/4.5 at 300.0mm iso800

and the Short of it ......
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D1h, Nikon 85mm AF-D + Olympus Camedia close up lens, 1/500s f/11.0 at 85.0mm iso640

As a PS, I think the elusive purple color turned out pretty well in each. I welcome your comments.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I like the first one best. Nice composition and use of DOF. The overall image has a distinct "texture"....perhaps a little noise reduction could tone it down. Or perhaps the "texture" results from sharpening?

The composition of the 2nd image results in sharpenss along the image edges, but sizeable soft areas in the center. In the end, I'm just confused by the comp. Maybe cropping the left side a little would help? JMHO...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom