I’m Still Amazed…

Ever since I got my D810 last year I’ve been able to do incredible crops of my photos & still retain a heap of detail in the photos. :happy: 👍
This shot is of Mattie, one of our Goldens, which I cropped for my Computer Desktop. It was a crop from the 1st photo… :)
(D810 & Nikon 85mm f/1.8)

#1... Original Uncropped Photo

DC8_1316_173a00ab-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2... Cropped Photo

DC8_1316_173a00-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
The crop is magnificent, Wally.

I'm still around with 12MP, but sometimes I'm thinking about higher resolution.

Kind regards
Klaus

Wally - Nice detail and a lovely shot of Mattie. I've had my D810 since 2015 and I still really like the output. I wish the auto-focus was a little faster for bird-in-flight shots but that's about it.
Thank you John, love the output of the D810, but I guess I’m lucky as I don’t shoot BIF, but I do shoot DIF (Dogs in Flight)… ;) LOL :D
But I’ve found that the AF works pretty well for any DIF photos I’ve taken… :happy:

The power and benefit of all those megapixels! Thanks for sharing!!
True, the extra Mp does allow heaps of cropping, so I found out… 👍

The crop is magnificent, Wally.
I'm still around with 12MP, but sometimes I'm thinking about higher resolution.
Kind regards
Klaus
Thanks Klaus. My other cameras which are 12Mp (D80, D300 & D700) still do a great job & as long as I don’t have to crop much, they still produce brilliant shots. (y) :)
I still use them as much as the D810, it’s just a matter of having the right FL lens for the shot so I don’t have to crop the photo, well not too much anyway.
The only disadvantage of the higher Mp camera are that the file sizes, they are “Huge” compared to my other cameras, but then again, disc space is a lot cheaper these days…!!! :happy:

beautiful dog
Many thanks Randy…!!! :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom