1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I’ve Had Enough Posing for the Day

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by wingspar, Aug 4, 2009.

1. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I’m bored and tired of that camera in my face.

115736057.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here ya go. Shoot my ....

115736058.jpg

2. Hehe :)  Sometimes you really do wonder what is going through their minds when they're constantly looking down a tube of glass.

3. No2 reminds me of most of the girls I chatted up when I was single.

4. #2. I love how cats show you the butt when they are mad or being aloof. Its almost the "if I cant see you...."

Great shots!

5. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    He is pretty vocal with his facial expressions. He will put up with the camera for a few minutes, then turn away, and or walk away. That is exactly what happened here.

ROFL :smile: :smile: :smile:

You should have seen the way he walked across the yard the other day when there was another cat in the yard. He deliberately put one paw in front of the other very slowly, and his neck and head were very stiff as to say, I’m not really here. If he is upset with you, he will turn his back on you, and just sit there.

6. Yep... It looks like he's had enough... LOL...
    Guess he's showing you the tail end of the business.... ;o))

7. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    I usually try and catch my cat when she is asleep. I can sneak in a few before she wakes, then it is an adventure to get many more. We try and pose her with props at times. What a hassle! Once I took 250 shots and had only three keepers, and they weren't that good. :frown: I also had my film camera with me, and I took two quick shots with it and they were probably the best of the day. Dogs are so much easier to shoot. My little Scottie will sit patiently for at least 45 minutes before getting bored and antsy. Wish the kitty would be so cooperative, would make it much easier to photograph. She is such a beauty, just hard to photograph. I like your shots, they are precious, show the personality of the kitty.

8. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks for looking. He used to put up with the camera all the time, but I guess he just had enough. This was the first time I’ve tried shooting him for at least a couple of months, and he had enough real quick. He tends to sleep in darker areas or on top of me, so it’s difficult to shoot him while he is sleeping. I did get this one back in February. I think cats can sleep in any position.

109124208.jpg

9. These are terrific!
    We had a Siamese cat when I was a kid and he would give us his back when we got home from vacation. If you went around to the front of him, he'd turn around. I'd love another one some day. Such personalities.

10. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    He did just that the first time I went anywhere for a few days. When I got home, he walked away, and sat down facing the garage with his back to me. Took more than a day before he would resume normal relations with me. Today, he brought me a humming bird. I didn’t think he could catch one. Normally, he ignores them. I have a feeder in the back yard, and he never pays any attention to them. He dropped the bird at my feet, and I put it out of his reach, or at least where he couldn’t see it cause it was still breathing. Eventually, it flew away.

11. memphis

memphis

Aug 6, 2006
    hah my dog does the same thing, a few pictures is ok...but then all of a sudden she just has that look like "ok we're all done here"

12. Haha, great perspective and captions. Thanks for the chuckle. :smile:

13. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks for the comments. Glad these photos provided some humor. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.