I’ve switched away from Nikon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me be blunt—you are not getting away from posting pictures. Any excuse is a bad excuse.
Your work is too inspirational to leave to mere mortals. Chris, you will always be one of us.

Yes, do hang around.
On the Olympus forum, we had a guy switch from Olympus to Nikon, and he still posts there.

Real Name
David
Get well.

I actually moved from Nikon to m4/3 for personal stuff several years ago. I really like the smaller system and for most of what I shoot now, the convenience of the smaller system out weighs the advantages for me. When I stopped shooting events I did sell off all my Nikon gear.

I will admit I do like what I've seen in the Z system and I have considered it. But they need a few more lenses first, most are on the roadmap, so time will tell.

Get well.

I actually moved from Nikon to m4/3 for personal stuff several years ago. I really like the smaller system and for most of what I shoot now, the convenience of the smaller system out weighs the advantages for me. When I stopped shooting events I did sell off all my Nikon gear.

I will admit I do like what I've seen in the Z system and I have considered it. But they need a few more lenses first, most are on the roadmap, so time will tell.
Every so often I get the itch to get some M43 gear just to play around - so many of those M43 primes are so petite!

Real Name
Paul
Great you found something to enjoy for the (hopefully short) time, until you recover. Sounds like another fun camera for you to shoot with, even after you get your strength back.

Best wishes!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Real Name
Ken
First I wish you continued healing.

Second, I did the same thing in 2012 when I finished up a grueling chemotherapy treatment. I did not have the strength to hold my D300, so I bought a refurbished Olympus E-PL2 since it was small and cheap. Beware! I have an micro 4/3rd's system that now rivals my Nikon gear in bodies and lenses. It was great to have a small lightweight camera to use at the time, and I eventually ended up switching over to OM-D bodies which I still use.

Take care,

--Ken

I sold all my Nikon gear about a year ago [still have a D50 but that doesn't count :D ].
I have a Panasonic G85 and a GH4 that I got for a really good price. I'm glad I made the switch and
as you say it is really nice and light to work with.

Sorry to hear you are having to go through all of that. You need to hire a Sherpa to tote your gear around for you so you can just walk up, compose and click the shutter!

Looking forward to some photos!

Good luck with your cancer journey I am about a year and a half into mine (stage 3 clear cell renal carcinoma that spread to lungs and kidney). It may take a while but things will get better.

I understand about the need to switch to something lighter. Right now the D7100 and 200-500 is too much to handle, even with a monopod. My Leica CL is a good light weight solution for me. With the 11-23& 18-56 I have most of the glass I need. The sigma 100-400 would be a good option for birding but I have trouble putting 3rd party lenses on the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom