I am a happy to be in the D50 club!

I pulled the trigger on this older classic late last week - for $200, I could not go wrong. The seller had the original box, charger, battery, and even a Panasonic 2GB card. There are about 16,700 shutter firings, not too bad for wear/tear. The camera just feels right, as do all of my other models - and it's venerable. The colors are incredible. I think Nikon's digital heritage will someday (maybe it does now) rival their film pedigree.

The 70-300mm VR was used for these captures.

DSC_0006-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

It's all good. I recently sold my D50 to fund a D200. I personally believe the limitations of these cameras can be worked around for my shooting and will make me a better shooter when moving up to the D400/D800 :)

I've taken many great shots with mine and still have it as a backup
if you ever move to a D90 or D7000 the functionality/buttons are the same

Congrats on finding and getting a good copy of the D50. I'm sure your gonna have a lot of fun with it...
I got one when they were first released in 2005/6 I think, and loved it. Just could get a bad photo out of it...
Have always regretted selling it...

Here are a couple of shots from it with the 18-55 kit lens (non VR version), sometimes makes me wonder why did I sell it...

(May have to click on Image to view correctly)
D50 18mm @ f5.6
Honda-002.jpg

D50 18mm @ f/4
Honda-007.jpg

I pulled the trigger on this older classic late last week - for $200, I could not go wrong. The seller had the original box, charger, battery, and even a Panasonic 2GB card. There are about 16,700 shutter firings, not too bad for wear/tear. The camera just feels right, as do all of my other models - and it's venerable. The colors are incredible. I think Nikon's digital heritage will someday (maybe it does now) rival their film pedigree.

The 70-300mm VR was used for these captures.

That is a great little camera....my original and two more since. I am currently without, and missing it.

Good pics! Thanks.

It's still my only DSLR, though I'm hoping to upgrade this Black Friday to D7000. I still find it quite functional in low light.

6211157539_e0a7779548_b.png
6211157699_b2a42242d6_b.png

I have a D40 with others and find the D40 is an outstanding camera with the 18-200 VR mounted. Simply cannot take a bad photo. My wife uses is, daughter, son..auto mode and you are good go. They love it. I enjoy it as well. Sometimes I find I can take better photos with that than my other bodies.

I really enjoy using this piece of DSLR history, handles well and very comfy in my hands. Seems I have yet to get a bad capture with it=)

DSC_0064.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the club! Mine only has 8000 actuations on it. I have other bodies now that I use more regularly, but I'm never selling mine:biggrin:

Real Name
PierreB
It's a great little camera. Never had a problem with it. Buy it new in 2005 and have put about 9500 clicks on it. Still my only DSLR.

I bought my D50 in 2006 and have loved it every since. I have taken some my most favorite shots with the D50. When I got my D80 I let me mom use it. When she passed away it was given back to me. It took so many great shot. It was hard to take a bad shot with it.

Picked on up in the summer with only 2200 clicks on it, driven by a little old lady only on Sundays for $160.00 with a 1gig card. I use it & my 18-105 as my beater / point & shoot setup, great camera.

K

Kent

I still have mine. I used it for a year and upgraded to the D200. The reason I upgraded was for a faster frame per second rate. Great camera.

I just keep getting great images with this old girl:

DSC_0049.jpg

70-300mm VR zoom

Someday, I will move up to a newer model, but I am fine for now with these old machines.

I don't know about the others, but the D50 will become one of Nikon's all-time classic cameras for the reasons you now appreciate. In addition, it really helped bring digital SLR's to the masses. I've owned three, and always miss them after I've sold them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom