I am an IDIOT!!!

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Brew, May 24, 2005.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

:(

OK so it's my sons first baseball game and my 70-200VR didn't show up (should get it today) so I thought I'd get some shots behind the fence. I think I shot about 70 pictures, some raw some jpg and downloaded them last night. That's when I saw that I had the ISO set at 1600!!!! I was messing around last week and never set it back, what an idiot.

So here is an example of a picture shot into the sun behind the fence (that's why it gets a bit dark on the right side) that I tried to reduce the noise and sharpened a little in layers.

Any thoughts on improving these as they are all about the same?

large.

2. OOOoohh, I can feel your pain.
    Look at it the positive way, the ball season has only just begun, many games to come.
    No matter what you do, it won't be like pristine low ISO pictures, I'd just reshoot some (with your new glass at that!). When you do, you might get better lighting conditions also. Looks like you were staring into a pretty harsh sun.

3. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think everybody's shot at ISO1600 by accident at least once, it's a rite of passage. Really wish they'd show the ISO setting in the VF and top LCD.

Your shot cleaned up pretty well though; proper exposure goes a long way towards minimizing noise even at high ISO's.

BTW you'll love the 70-200VR, truly a great lens.

4. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    I did half a shoot outdoors once with WB accidentally set on fluorescent...can anyone say violet tint?

;)

5. We've all been there buddy!

_/oe

6. *LOL* Cory, that's a good one!!! Thankfully my Fuji shows the ISO on the back LCD, it also shows the shot I just took to check for WB and shows the histogram. I did do a whole day's shooting at ISO1600 but I was OK as this camera can handle it with no noise but I wondered why my speed was really up there! *LOL*

Bruce, like they say - you've got a whole season to make it up with a new lens - go for it!

7. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    My D1 shows the same info...did I simply look at what the camera was telling me...no, why would I make a conscious move like that! :)

Here's one of the beauts from that day...enjoy at my expense! ;)

[​IMG]

8. Cory, take right hand, turn palm upwards, raise hand quickly and give forehead resounding smack, lower hand, walk away, head hanging down and mumbling to self 'must pay attention to camera, must pay attention to camera' *LMAO*

9. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Actually, I am still recovering from the self-inflicted concussion I gave myself...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. WOW......talk about frozen in mid air!! Nice capture!! :D :D :D