I am d**less

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pforsell, Aug 15, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm dx-less. Sold my both dx lenses this week. The upside is that the D700 will love the new AIS acquisitions I made, but the downside is that I don't have the D700 yet. For some odd reason I realize that I only have 3 zooms now. That was not a conscious target... that just happened.

Hopefully Canon will release a 16 Mpix 5D mkII at Photokina and Nikon will present the successor to the 70-200.

2. Congrats!
    But 3 very good zooms...

Post some pics with your 28/1.4 as soon as you have the D700!

3. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hey Peter,

when I saw your thread title I thought you had sold your D200 and gone back to film :biggrin:

Now it's time to start looking for a D700, they're running for €2700 here in Spain, still a very steep price.

I'm still undecided about what to do. I'll be visiting the US in 3 weeks, I guess I'll have to make up my mind before then:wink:

4. I made some excellent photos with DX(D200, D2Xs) in the 1.5 years I had it. But now that FX is available, I say good riddance. The small, hard to [manual]focus finder is gone forever.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ditto. I became dx-less last week. Sure do miss my Sigma Dirty Thirty, though.

6. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Man, am I glad I didn't invest a chunk in DX glass! The only one I have is the Tokina 10-17 fisheye. I finally let curiosity take over, mounted it on my D700, turned off auto-DX crop, and fired off some frames. I was QUITE pleased with the results. I found NO vignetting from 14mm, so I can use the 14-24 for rectilinear and the 10-17 for fisheye (through half it's range, anyway).