1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I am d**less

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by pforsell, Aug 15, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm dx-less. Sold my both dx lenses this week. The upside is that the D700 will love the new AIS acquisitions I made, but the downside is that I don't have the D700 yet. For some odd reason I realize that I only have 3 zooms now. That was not a conscious target... that just happened.

Hopefully Canon will release a 16 Mpix 5D mkII at Photokina and Nikon will present the successor to the 70-200.

2. Falter

Falter

Feb 26, 2006
    Austria
    Congrats!
    But 3 very good zooms...

Post some pics with your 28/1.4 as soon as you have the D700!

3. keko

keko

Jul 20, 2007
    Barcelona
    Hey Peter,

when I saw your thread title I thought you had sold your D200 and gone back to film :biggrin:

Now it's time to start looking for a D700, they're running for €2700 here in Spain, still a very steep price.

I'm still undecided about what to do. I'll be visiting the US in 3 weeks, I guess I'll have to make up my mind before then:wink:

4. I made some excellent photos with DX(D200, D2Xs) in the 1.5 years I had it. But now that FX is available, I say good riddance. The small, hard to [manual]focus finder is gone forever.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Ditto. I became dx-less last week. Sure do miss my Sigma Dirty Thirty, though.

6. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Man, am I glad I didn't invest a chunk in DX glass! The only one I have is the Tokina 10-17 fisheye. I finally let curiosity take over, mounted it on my D700, turned off auto-DX crop, and fired off some frames. I was QUITE pleased with the results. I found NO vignetting from 14mm, so I can use the 14-24 for rectilinear and the 10-17 for fisheye (through half it's range, anyway).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.