I am now a Nikon owner.

Shipped the last of my Canon gear of to its new owner today, and while I was at the post office the camera store called and said I could pick up my new camera.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

batteries are charging as we speak.

PS, if you are near Dayton Ohio and want one let me know, I pre-ordered at 2 stores, the other one will be in Tuesday around 3 PM.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because there were things Nikon has that I prefer, and Canons quality control for thier lenses has nosed dived into the toilet.

Even though I never had a problem with my 1D mark III there were alot of people that did, and I was very disapointed with how Canon handled it.

The D700 is camera I have been waiting 5 years for Canon to make, Nikon got it out first, so I switched.

Congrats and welcome to being a Nikon owner. I use to shoot film with a Canon A-1, many moons ago in the last century!

N

Nuteshack

Because there were things Nikon has that I prefer, and Canons quality control for thier lenses has nosed dived into the toilet.

Even though I never had a problem with my 1D mark III there were alot of people that did, and I was very disapointed with how Canon handled it.

The D700 is camera I have been waiting 5 years for Canon to make, Nikon got it out first, so I switched.
makes sense to me..now lets see some photos from your new gizmo:cool:

I love that image :Love:
What a great starter pack :cool:

You're off to a great start. If I could only have three Nikon products, those would be my choices. Enjoy your new gear!

Congrats, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it. Seems like whatever is newer from Nikon has a brighter/shinier gold. :biggrin:

Good to have you come over from the dark side. :112: Im sure you will take some great pictures with your new camera.

Greg

I hear you. The D70 wooed me over in 2004 with all the reviews and no competition in that price range. I've moved on to D80 and now the D300 and couldn't be happier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here are a few shots from my walk I took after the battery charged. Nothing special, Im just trying to get a feel for the camera.

View attachment 226628

View attachment 226629

View attachment 226630

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom