I am now a Nikon owner.

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by wilvoeka, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Shipped the last of my Canon gear of to its new owner today, and while I was at the post office the camera store called and said I could pick up my new camera.

2701607785_23bc75b579.png

batteries are charging as we speak.

PS, if you are near Dayton Ohio and want one let me know, I pre-ordered at 2 stores, the other one will be in Tuesday around 3 PM.

2. I am HARD CORE Nikon Owner but why did you sell your Canon gear?
    For the first time I looked at a Canon 40D today an dlike the quality and layout of it.
    Bryan

3. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Because there were things Nikon has that I prefer, and Canons quality control for thier lenses has nosed dived into the toilet.

Even though I never had a problem with my 1D mark III there were alot of people that did, and I was very disapointed with how Canon handled it.

The D700 is camera I have been waiting 5 years for Canon to make, Nikon got it out first, so I switched.

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Congrats and welcome to being a Nikon owner. I use to shoot film with a Canon A-1, many moons ago in the last century!

5. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

makes sense to me..now lets see some photos from your new gizmo:cool:

6. congrats, Jim
    that is excellent
    i am eagerly anticipating your thoughts and images

good luck

7. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Now if you shoot raw - get NX and you will see a great developer. (IMHO.) That is one of the reasons I would not go back to Canon.

8. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Congrats. Very nice camera. Hope you enjoy it.

9. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    I love that image :Love:
    What a great starter pack :cool:

10. fixed point

fixed point

Jan 24, 2007
    minneapolis
    You're off to a great start. If I could only have three Nikon products, those would be my choices. Enjoy your new gear!

11. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Nah, you'd get the new SB900 :smile:

12. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Congrats, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it. Seems like whatever is newer from Nikon has a brighter/shinier gold. :biggrin:

13. Welcome to the world of Nikon, good choice on the D700. The 24-70 is perfect for that camera.

14. You have a great setup, enjoy!

15. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Why did you opt for the SB-800 over the new SB-900?

16. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Good to have you come over from the dark side. :112: Im sure you will take some great pictures with your new camera.

Greg

17. As all others have said, welcome! They cafe is a great place to stay and put your feet up! I switched to Nikon about one year ago from Konica-Minolta... No regrets...

18. Kamil

Kamil

Oct 28, 2007
    Oman
    I hear you. The D70 wooed me over in 2004 with all the reviews and no competition in that price range. I've moved on to D80 and now the D300 and couldn't be happier.

19. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Congrats!! Nice "entry level" kit :biggrin:

20. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio