1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I am sad - my lighting class was cancelled :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leahp26, Jul 26, 2008.

1. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I found a great local photography studio offering really interesting looking one-day workshops. I signed up for one which should have taken place today "Intro to Studio Lighting", I have been looking forward to it all week....

....drove 45mins this morning, got to the studio at 9am, no one there. Called and I guess there was some issue with their new website/paypal and I was the only registrant but they didn't realise so the class was cancelled:frown:

The studio owner/manager was horrified and drove round immediately - major apologizing, immediately refunded my money, gave me a tour of the studio and invited me to sit in and watch a shoot tomorrow - so no complaints from a customer service/rectifying the situation

but now I have to wait until August 30th - there's a "Lighting with Strobes" I'm going to attend to hopefully figure out how to use my SB800s.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I should still have been in the class until 5pm and instead I am at the cafe....:smile:

I think I'll probably go to this shoot tomorrow but I guess it's a "model mayhem" meet and greet so I'm not sure whether I'll just be out of place/horribly inexperienced, I don't even have a model mayhem profile so probably have to leave my camera in the bag.

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Sorry to hear of this Leah. Still, sounds like the guy did the right thing eh?

Have fun tomorrow. Can ay take the D300?

3. Bummer, I know you were looking forward to it. I'm glad the owner was nice about it.

4. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Same here. Registered for a landscape photography class that was (really smart on their part :Curved:)  announced four days before it started.

On the day of the first session (4 in total) I get called - canceled, not enough registrations. "But we'll organize another one for you. What works better, August or September, and Wednesdays or Thursdays?"

I was happy to hear that I was the third registrant that liked W's over T's and S over A - I mean, how many registrants can their be if it got canceled, right?

So last week I found the new announcement in my mailbox.

Thursdays. In August - when I'm on vacation :actions1:

5. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Thanks everyone! The guy was totally apologetic and really couldn't have handled it any better, I will have no qualms going back (might send a confirmatory email ;-) just in case) but I am just bummed out because I was so excited.

Never mind! And maybe tomorrow will be interesting - I'm a bit nervous to go though. Has anyone had any experience of "model mayhem" meet and greets? I have a quick look on line and there were various rules like "MM # must be exchanged", I don't have one - but maybe I'll go for an hour and just watch and learn!

Thanks for the cheering up words!

6. that stinks, leah
    i would love to have heard what you learned

sorry for the gas being wasted, as well

7. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Thanks Greg - I'm sorry about your Mac issues, sounds like a dud batch, I would maybe get one online, or I think Best Buy sell Macs now.

August 30th is "Lighting with Strobes" so I shall post my key learning then!

8. i hope that the august 30th class will take place
    hope it's a great one...... can't wait to hear back about it, from you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.