I am thrilled and humbled at the same time - PIX ADDED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Aug 6, 2008.

1. One of the VP's was walking about a few weeks ago and saw a couple of images I had displayed (it was print competition night at my photo club) and thought they were beautiful. I asked if he had seen the others I had posted on our Intranet? No? OK, how about these? The company had already placed some other staff photographs in back-lit transparencies in the stairwell landings, so I mentioned I has proposed a couple of prints for the next time they were updated. The VP suggested my work was better than "stair-well art" and he was going to see about setting up a "gallery" in the hallway to the cafeteria. I was stunned by that comment and thanked him sincerely. :smile:

It gets better. :tongue:

I met last Friday with the lady responsible for the gallery setup who chose 11 of my bird & flower images for display, not a typo - eleven! She said the company would print them as well as framing, matting and glassing. They can be no taller than 42" but could extend up to 84" wide. :eek: Printing will be done using glossy, matt and canvas papers on a HP5000 printer.

It still has not sunk in yet! Maybe it will after I see some REALLY, REALLY BIG PRINTS. :biggrin::cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  2. very impressive and not a surprise to me Nick

3. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

wow, congratulations.

4. Oh how fun!! Congrats Nick! :smile:

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Wow, very nice, Nick! Congrats :biggrin:

6. Congrats and enjoy seeing those big prints!

7. Very cool! Make sure to sign them and prepare a price list. It's great advertising for print orders!

8. Well I'm not surprised! Congratulations, Nick. You will have to post a few photos of the "Nick" wall when it's up and running.

9. Thank you for the confidence building comments - it is a little scarey right now not knowing how the selected images will work out at such large sizes.

For those of you who have "gone large" does photoshop have the "stones" to get the job done or should I be looking into Genuine Fractals (or equivalent)?

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I'd get in touch with the lab that is going to print it. They would be better at advising you.

11. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    that's fantastic - congrats, nick!!

12. "I" am the lab. I will generate the images to "best size", sharpen and proof to printer ink/paper profile, then deliverd 16 bit uncompressed TIFF's, 300 ppi, on DVD for the printing by the company's media group.

13. Congratulations Nick, that is awesome. What an honor.

14. VERY good news! Congratulations!

15. Congratulations!

16. nick...
    what a WELL-DESERVED honor, sir
    i am thrilled for you
    i can see your smile from here

i hope that you will take a nice wide angle shot of those 11 giant images and show that picture to us

congratulations.... and, thanks for sharing this with us

17. Then by all means have the company buy you a copy of genuine fractals.

18. PatS45

PatS45 Guest

Outstanding

19. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Congrats, maybe you could give us a preview of some of the selected photos.