I blame you guys for your bad influence...%^&* 500/4 followed me home!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Ming Thein, Dec 28, 2005.

1. I saw it in a shop and the price was so good I couldn't resist...ah well, it could have been worse. At least the 800/5.6 they had stayed there. :tongue:

Not much light around at the moment, and also not that many subjects out of my window; a quick test series. I also got a new Manfrotto Hydrostatic ball head to go with it :biggrin:

Ming

D200, Nikkor 500/4 P handheld and wide open - it's blisteringly sharp, and surprisngly easy to use. Now I've got to figure out how to get it back to KL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shamelessly inspired by Bjorn :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

2. oh boy, you got it bad, call dad quick and challenge him to match that!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Things that make you go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nice...Congratulations :>))))))

Looks goooooooddddddd

5. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: good decision :Smart:

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Congratulations on the new aquisition. Looking forward to seeing more of what it can do.

7. Way to go, Ming. Some call this "enabling" but it's just sharing the joy! Nice first shots and wonderful color in #2. best....Peter

(now who wants my 200-400 VR I have on buy and sell) ;>)

8. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I hate it when that happens :wink:
    I've been trying to get one to follow me home for about a year now (or at least hear me calling its name and walk to my house from B&H).
    But some mean man always stops it at the door and won't let it leave unless I hand over my CC. If the lens walks out on its own free will, then I don't think I should have to give him my CC. Oh well.

9. Thanks everybody!

During the course of my testing in the limited light we had this afternoon - largely involving foliage etc - this little guy walked right in with his lunch! :biggrin:

Images not cropped; I can count the hairs on his coat at 100%. It's an incredible lens for sharpness and color - the *clarity* is just there. Shot with D200, 500/4P wide open and ISO 400. Oh, that Manfrotto Hydrostat ballhead is a joy to use, too.

Enjoy!

Ming

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. wonderful images. looks like everyone is following you today! best....Peter

11. Wow, Ming, these are really great shots.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    You're killing me Ming. :eek:

13. Oh Ming! Your little guy is awesome!!! Wow!!! Looks like the 500/F4 found a really good home!:eek: :biggrin:

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW just super duper :>)))))

That little friend is soooo cute :>)))

15. Very impressive. You clearly are not having problems with the manual focus!

16. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Ming, simply wonderful photos! And manual focus? Wow! If not for AF, I would've been out of photography years ago. ;) Congrats on your purchase!

17. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    Oh, I WANT it alright! It's just paying for it thats a problem...:biggrin: Plus I'm still depressed about missing out on your 300 f/2.8 from FM last year :Depressed:

18. Just put it in your front pants pocket, no problem at all, just be careful when you sit down. Nobody will notice it at all :wink:

Oh, yeah, you need one of those pairs of pants that the Youth of America wears these days, you know, the ones that are REALLY baggy :biggrin:

Congrats, and have fun......

19. Ming,

I will not be like Frank «saying it quietly» :biggrin:
    I will yell out loud : You're killing me. You are just giving more water to my lens lust mill.

Tack sharp shots. Exposure of the squirrel is right on.

Happy New Year!!

20. Thanks everybody! :biggrin: This big gun has cured my long lens lust for now. I guess when Nikon makes a 500/4 VR then I'll start itching again...

Ming