I bought a new hard drive

Real Name
Randy
an 8tb hd that holds every picture I have taken since 2007. It's fun to be able to acces all of images at the same time. While browsing I found some that I liked a lot.
These are D300 and the 300vr + 1.7 HH from a boat (back when I was young(er))

p2487567632-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2487567627-5.jpg

p2487566888-6.jpg

p2487566878-6.jpg

p2487566879-5.jpg

p2487574337-5.jpg

p2487574338-6.jpg

p2487574336-5.jpg

p2487576970-5.jpg

Real Name
Randy
Good job Randy, #1 is my favorite but all are nice. Congrats on your new drive.
thanks Gordon, I couldn't believe you can get 8tg for $175. It's amazing how much we are all better at PPing than we were 10 years ago. I'm glad I shot raw from day1, so many improvements in the sw make things faster, easier and noticeably better.

Hi Randy,

Great shots, I really love the GBH shots, it is hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" pfff... wake me when you get an exo byte drive" - Georgie Beagle

Real Name
Randy
Hi Randy,

Great shots, I really love the GBH shots, it is hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" pfff... wake me when you get an exo byte drive" - Georgie Beagle
thanks Alexis

Real Name
Tim
Nice! Love the photos.... :D I just picked up four of them for my NAS to replace my 3TB drives - went from 9TB to 24TB usable space...that *should* last me for a while...My problem is I keep every photo I take for good or ill....should probably start being picky...

Real Name
Randy
Nice! Love the photos.... :D I just picked up four of them for my NAS - went from 12TB to 21TB usable space...that *should* last me for a while...My problem is I keep every photo I take for good or ill....should probably start being picky...
thanks Tim
I keep everything after culling but I still end up with a lot that should have been deleted. I saw some yesterday from 8 years ago that were suddenly keepers for silly reasons like, now I can extend the canvas in seconds and I've become proficient enough using other PS tricks, nothing serious like layers though as it's all about my 1 minute rule of thumb. Back then I could crop and sharpen (in NX2)

Real Name
Randy
2 is my favorite - I like the spread wings.
Thanks Alan
Great shots! The first is my favorite. Maybe I should break out my D300 more often.
Thanks, it is a great body under ISO 800
You better get two, so you can have a backup of your backup. 8 gb's is a lot of photographs to lose.
This a 3rd backup.

Always fun to find old shots that are terrific, good collection Randy.
Thanks Louie
Thanks, for the lead, I'm sure an easy set up and auto back up or drop and drag? or drag and drop?
it's already formatted NTFS so it's ready to go. I do backups like this manually. It took over 24hrs

I have a stack of G-Tech drives. They're pricey but designed for Macs. When the 4 TB started to get full I moved everything to an 8 TB. When there was a sale I bought a second 8 TB to mirror the first one. 24 megapickle RAW files eat up a lot of space. I'm a UN*X geek so I use rsync to do my backups. (I still need to add it to cron.)
I like your pix. I haven't gotten any close shots of Ospreys this year and they'll be leaving soon. However, there's a huge Great Blue Heron rookery nearby along with a fair number of Bald Eagles. I was going to shoot some Little Blue Heron today but it's raining.
Eagle_85897.jpg

Real Name
Randy
I have a stack of G-Tech drives. They're pricey but designed for Macs. When the 4 TB started to get full I moved everything to an 8 TB. When there was a sale I bought a second 8 TB to mirror the first one. 24 megapickle RAW files eat up a lot of space. I'm a UN*X geek so I use rsync to do my backups. (I still need to add it to cron.)
I like your pix. I haven't gotten any close shots of Ospreys this year and they'll be leaving soon. However, there's a huge Great Blue Heron rookery nearby along with a fair number of Bald Eagles. I was going to shoot some Little Blue Heron today but it's raining.
View attachment 1584775
Thanks fred

Nice eagle shot, great wing spread

Latest threads

Top Bottom