I call these " A New Start"

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mrtac2man, Aug 10, 2005.

1. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    ok here are a couple from today... the wind is still blowing things around so hard to get a good focus.. also mid afternoon lighting.. but think they came out ok..please be honest in what you think...thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim
    D70
    Kit lens
    Sigma's 70-200 + 105 macro

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Tim,

I like the first and last ones, but would rather see the focus a bit deeper in the image on #2. All have very nice colors and composition.

3. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    Thanks Frank.. #2 was a test to see how sharp the new lens was @f2.8 think it did ok... better then my 70-200... Thanks again Tim

4. I like wide open macros, you just need a strong focal point and splash of color to make them work, the first and second ones does it for me.

Martin

5. I like them all. Your use of DOF to force the eye to the main part of the flower is good and another approach to seeing the entire flower in focus.

6. smera

smera

Aug 11, 2005
    Brasil
    Hi,

I like the second most. Really love the shallow depth of fileld in makro shots. In oposition to the rule, the shallow depth of field conveys a pleasant and, in your pictures, a rich and beutifully rendered bokeh.

Thank you to share