I can have my cake and eat it too!

Well, today I entered a new chapter in my life... my 30's!!! :smile: And my wonderful wife gave me the perfect cake to help me celebrate this special day (and make it less painful! :wink:) Yup, that's right, a special custom cake:

2627340542_6424e83def.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Want a closer look? :biggrin:

View attachment 218572

And for those of you who are truly old :biggrin:, yes, this is my D70s w/ 17-55 in cake form!!!

View attachment 218573

View attachment 218575

View attachment 218576

Isn't she awesome???!!! I didn't tell her than it's missing a few buttons, and that the lens looks more like the 18-200... it's the thought that counts! :smile: So, that was my special day!

(All pics taken with REAL D70s and 17-55 :biggrin:)

Happy Birthday, Shaun! That's one cool cake. Your wife did a great job. As one who makes cakes myself, I know that it was a real job to do that. She deserves something sparkly for her birthday! :wink:

That's really cool! Too bad you're old now. :Wink: Happy birthday!

Careful, Chris. He's ONLY 30! You might just be insulting those of us who are over 30.

That's really cool! Too bad you're old now. :Wink: Happy birthday!
Thanks... you know, my younger brothers keep telling me that, too. Funny how I'm able to still keep up with them in everything! :biggrin:

Happy Birthday. What a cool cake!!

Happy Birthday. Looks like there's a whole lot of love in that cake.

Congrats and what a great cake! That's Love with a capital "L"

Happy Burth-day! (That's happy birthday with a French accent :wink:)

Happy Birthday, Shaun! That's one cool cake. Your wife did a great job. As one who makes cakes myself, I know that it was a real job to do that. She deserves something sparkly for her birthday! :wink:

Careful, Chris. He's ONLY 30! You might just be insulting those of us who are over 30.

Thanks, all! :smile:

Happy 30th--my they make 'em younger everyday! Back in my time .......

Next year it will say D700?

I was hoping it would say D3!!! :eek: I'll settle for D300, though!

Latest threads

Top Bottom