I can haz iBook!

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by billg71, Jun 28, 2008.

1. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Well, here I am, the old Windoze diehard, typing away on an iBook G4...:eek:  So far, so good, I haven't been struck by lightning or a runaway freight train.....:smile:

A buddy called me a couple of days ago asking if I wanted his old iBook since he was upgrading to a MB Pro. Since the price was right($300) and my daughter hasn't had much luck saving up for her MacBook, I told him I'd take it. I'm planning on using it for photos on a trip to Wyoming the end of July and then she can have it.

Just got it this evening and haven't had much time to play around, but it seems to work OK. I downloaded and installed Lightroom but haven't brought any photos in yet, it seems like the Mac OS respects the Windows network protocols so I'll have to go into the desktop and share my catalog and photo directories before I can open any images. But all things come to he who waits, right??

I miss the right-click button and still can't figure out how to make the Delete key work like the Delete key instead of Backspace :confused:  And this thing at the bottom of the screen that keeps jumping up with the program icons makes me seasick!

All in all though, it seems just like another computer.

Any help, tips, info links for a Mac newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx,
    Bill

2. scottb

scottb Guest

Hold down the Control key while clicking to get the right-click menus. That thing on the bottom is called the Dock. You can change its behavior by clicking on the Apple (upper-left of screen) and then Dock.

3. ugodrainville

ugodrainville

Mar 13, 2008
    Wisconsin
    It is not the Windows networking protocols that it respects but the OSI model and the TCP/IP standard that it respects...

The switch to Mac OS is not really a horribly difficult one...but it is a very rewarding one...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.