I can now access the hospital's computer from home...... NOT !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So this is what you do... You tell your boss that you cannot do work from home because your computer is not supported. Or ask them to buy you a PC. Simple.
of course.....
in this case... i AM the boss
i DO have a nice VISTA laptop.... won't work on it, either

ah.... the lovely hospital
their going to hang someone over THIS decision... millions of dollars later. :biggrin:

I know how you feel. I switched to a Mac a few months ago, but one program (and only one) that I need for work, is only available for windows. Since I don't want anything Microsoft getting anywhere near my Mac, I was essentially forced to buy a basic (i.e. cheap :biggrin: ) laptop, for just that purpose. What a pain.
yeah...
a real pain

funny enough... the citrix client does load into the OS X system...
but, the appl still won't run

compatibility problems.... i JUST LOVE 'EM :smile:

All joking "my Mac never has a problem" aside, why not install vmware?
VMware is a great product. But if you just want to mess around with virtualization here is a similar product that is open source (FREE)

I don't have an Intel Mac, so I don't know how well it runs on OS X.
But it works great on Windows systems. (well not sure how good on Vista)

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Why no help from the hospital

Surprised that none one from the IT department of the hospital has come to your office to set things up. The hospitals here send their IT guys out to fix the citrix software on our machines and can also load them on home based machines if we bring it to the office.

I prefer to have them send me the digital certificate application by email that I can open and it downloads the appropriate Citrix or Java client and sets things up. I can access the hospital emr from my laptop even while on vacation (sometimes got to work even during times off:frown:

New Knowledge

Greg, I had not realized that if one were to be considered "among the educated lot" one had to use a Mac. Thanks for letting me know. B____ S___.

VMware is a great product. But if you just want to mess around with virtualization here is a similar product that is open source (FREE)

I don't have an Intel Mac, so I don't know how well it runs on OS X.
But it works great on Windows systems. (well not sure how good on Vista)

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
thanks, pete
i'll check it out

i appreciate it

Surprised that none one from the IT department of the hospital has come to your office to set things up. The hospitals here send their IT guys out to fix the citrix software on our machines and can also load them on home based machines if we bring it to the office.

I prefer to have them send me the digital certificate application by email that I can open and it downloads the appropriate Citrix or Java client and sets things up. I can access the hospital emr from my laptop even while on vacation (sometimes got to work even during times off:frown:
well....
they've already written some DISCLAIMER NOTE that says they have neither the manpower nor expertise to deal with anything other than IE 6 and 7
no kidding

Greg, I had not realized that if one were to be considered "among the educated lot" one had to use a Mac. Thanks for letting me know. B____ S___.
excuse me...
i wasn't trying to be rude
it's fairly well established that college-educated folks are more likely to have mac-based homes

i'll dig up the research if you want it
that is saying NOTHING about those who use windows-based systems

read what i said
you don't have to use a mac to be considered well-educated....
but, folks with college degrees are more likely to have a mac in their homes

that's all i said

part of that reason is because macs are MORE EXPENSIVE... and folks with college educations are probably more able to afford them
.... no offense by THAT comment, either

Have you tried Firefox on your Mac with the latest ICA client for Citrix?

Greg,

I kind of skipped the detail above... sorry. But, have you tried downloading Firefox and then downloading the latest ICA client?? I wasn't able to use Citrix on my iMac via Safari, but it does work if I use Firefox... just a thought.

Except here in the Seattle area :wink::eek::wink::biggrin:
of course....
on the other hand
it's pretty liberal up there
and folks all over.... as long as you don't get a paycheck from mr. gates are pretty angry at microsoft at this point

so....
there are more mac users than ever where you live as well
bill saw to that when he let VISTA get out the door.....
that'll go down in history as the dumbest mistake any "we used to rule the universe" company EVER made :rolleyes:

Sounds like the servers aren't setup properly...

I know Citrix works on an OS X platform.

But then again, Safari is kinda brain dead at times...

Try Firefox 2.x and then try FF3, make sure the client installs properly also.

There could be some sort of exception in the actual application, or some sort of allocation error. Seems to me there is a much higher probability it (the app you use) would work on an Intel-based mac, but then again, I shouldn't comment on things I don't have in front of me...

I know Citrix works on an OS X platform.

But then again, Safari is kinda brain dead at times...

Try Firefox 2.x and then try FF3, make sure the client installs properly also.

There could be some sort of exception in the actual application, or some sort of allocation error. Seems to me there is a much higher probability it (the app you use) would work on an Intel-based mac, but then again, I shouldn't comment on things I don't have in front of me...
i just downloaded the newest FF
as per crystall's advice
it installed fine
when i tried to open the client.... it knew to use citrix.... but, still wouldn't open

not sure why
it DID install properly, i believe

S

scooptdoo

WHY CANT WE ALL GET ALONG.Tthe cut throat compition in the computer industry and illistraited by the great pc question of our day.Mac or PC ?Its bigger than its parts ie. mac/pc.I do love those Apple comercals with the cool kid and the flawed but lovable pc.

S

scooptdoo

So this is what you do... You tell your boss that you cannot do work from home because your computer is not supported. Or ask them to buy you a PC. Simple.
a excuse me but I dont think Doctors have a boss per sey?

Try this for a quick fix- download the older IE for Mac here and see whether you can use your ICA client. http://mac.oldapps.com/internet_explorer.php
thanks, rich
believe it or not, i have that older IE on my mac... never use it

it loaded the client... but, wouldn't give me access, either
ah.....

i appreciate everyone's help, more than you know

one last comment
i'm tired
been up for almost 20 hours
sorry about my comments regarding mac and education

they were stupid of me
and rude
i meant NOT to be rude.... but, how else could anyone have taken them

please forgive my exhaustion-mediated lunacy

i apologize

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom