I can't believe it,I've got to share it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TedP, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I work a couple of days a week a the local country club as a ranger and starter. When I'm out on the course I usually take my camera with me and photograph the members and guests. Well, last week we had ar Jr. PGA event and I took pictures of the kids. I posted them online for everyone to see and I get an email from the exectutive director of the PGA for this section asking me if I would like to photograph their PGA events for the remainder of the year. They pay expenses plus a stipend which I thought was quite generous and I retain copywrite and get full credit for the photos,
    After a long time thinking about it(2 sec) I said yes. My first event is on Monday and usually one event a week until the end of October. Who knows,maybe next year I'll be at Torry Pines for the US Open.
    the web site if anyone is interested is

2. kgill

Jul 25, 2007
    Congratulations!! What equipment are you using to take the shots? (Lenses) and how long have you been photographing?
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl

How great is that:>)))

4. Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Congrats - how cool is that?!?!?
  5. Good Grief!! That is an absolutely brillant stroke of luck.

See you at Wentworth in 2008.

Bob F. Cornwall UK
  6. Ted, that's outstanding...congratulations!
  7. Congrats Ted, fantastic! :biggrin:
  8. Thank you all. I'm shooting the D200 with an 80-200 f/2.8 lens. I'm still getting used to the lens and most of the shots of the kids were taken with a Sigma 400 mm f/5.6 manual lens because I didn't have the 80-200 yet. It's a little tricky to get it spot on but I managed. When I come down to earth I'll let everyone know.

9. That's awesome, congrats! Sure wish that would happen to me...
  10. I am very happy for you.
  11. Congratulations,

WOW, how cool is that, may be the start of a new carrier.:smile:
  12. leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
  13. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Living a dream, that is so cool! Congratulations!
  14. Congratulations Ted, YOUDAMAN!!

I love shooting golf, but I am limited to my club competitions.
  15. Be sure to post some pics. Congraulations on cracking into a dream job. Hope it just expands from here.
  16. Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    "The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity. "
    — Ayn Rand

Congratulations. That is very cool indeed. Good luck!