I can't breath !!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by fireman, Apr 27, 2007.

1. There was a big box in the kitchen when I arrived 10 minutes ago. :rolleyes: Just got through the packing and there it is, my brand spanking new 70-200 VR. Boy am I a happy camper now !!!

I have to catch my breath before I make supper. I also have a few errands to run but I will definitely try to post more in-depth comments later tonight.

Boy this baby is awesome. :Shocked:
  2. OOooo, some serious glass my friend, congratulations!!
  3. Congratz Jean-Pierre, now you have to change that signature... :biggrin:
  4. sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    Congrats, you will LOVE it! :biggrin:
  5. Done !
  6. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is more enjoyable than a kid getting a new puppy!:rolleyes:
  7. Congratulations!! That lens will become permanently attached to your camera!! It's really that good!!
  8. You're gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! *LOL* Just don't let your wife see it on the pillow beside you tonight! :biggrin:
  9. Come on! Where are your priorities man? Supper and errands can wait. It's time to play with the new toy.
  10. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

ya really, you can eat later!

I've had mine for a week now, happy one week birthday!

I am seriously considering selling my 18-200 for a 17-55 2.8, such a difference in IQ.
  11. I haven't had much time playing with it but it sure does feel good holding it. You almost forget it's price when playing with it. I just can't wait to really have a go at it. Tomorrow I'll be gone the whole day but I should be able to test it more Sunday. I'll report back Sunday night.

Chris, I presently own the 18-70 AFS and it'll be gone before Christmas. I am also lusting for the 17-55. Those two lenses will make a wonderful combo.

This lens lust is bad. Even more so since I joined the Cafe. I'll need to go into therapy and hopefully, then the therapist will prescribe a lens or two that I will be able to claim to my insurance. Honey, where's the doctor's phone number again ?
  12. Congratulations for the new acquisition, my friend!
  13. You are going to love it! I bought mine used from Woody here, and it is on one of my bodies all of the time.
  14. Go ahead, keep reminding me :rolleyes:

That IS the best lens! After I sold mine to Mason I went into a post-partum funk and turned right around and bought another! After about a year of realizing that I never used it (although I will admit to fondling it on occasion it just to experience the technological zen) I sold that one to get the 85 1.4 which I do use... and love.

But the 70-200 still tugs at my heartstrings... so KNOCK IT OFF!
  15. jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    i bet you won't take it off your camera for a while =)

time to start that 70-200VR fan club hehe
  16. Ahh the envy! Congrats!