i caved in..

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jaleel, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    and got the 70-200 VR !!
    i blame this forum for constantly telling me how great this piece of glass is :tongue:

holy smokes this thing is sharp :biggrin:

the only downside is i'm going to have to sell my 18-200VR and get another bag to carry this baby when it's mounted on my D200

here's a few pics i took over the weekend.. will be posting more shortly in the Sports forum

470661450_aefcaf0463.

470679685_a2c7080151.

2. Great news on your new toy! We just might have to start a TO-70-200VR Club! Looks like you're loving it already.... it will probably become your favourite lens - it's mine. :smile:

3. This is a great lens to have. I had an used copy which I sold recently to help my finances. But I feel like getting a new one when things start looking up for me.

For me Sommer's Nirvana bag came handy in this situation. :biggrin:

Enjoy.

4. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Sandi - great idea! i have a feeling i'll be using it A LOT this summer

Sam - haha i'll have to think about that one.. it is nice and stylish though =)

5. Hey Sandy count me in ! If Henrys can finally ship my new toy, I'll be ready to become a member of that club.

6. Chris Pierce

Chris Pierce Guest

just became a proud lens carrying member last week!

Love It!!

7. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    actually i blame Jean-Pierre.. his other Lust thread got me thinking about the 70-200 :tongue:

and after seeing the Henry's ebay price vs in-store price i couldn't resist!!!

8. Jaleel,

You'll never regret purchasing this lens. You can combine it with a Canon 500D close up filter for macros too!

9. OK go ahead and blame me. It's not my fault if you are weak... :tongue:

Mine is in the mail since this morning so if the Mail God loves me one bit, it should arrive before the weekend !!! Did I say I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY !!!

10. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Crystall - the 500D is next on my list! (when will it end hehe)

Jean-Pierre - hope you get it by Fri ! i'll page the big guy upstairs and let him know you need it ASAP! =)

11. Glad the bag worked for you, Sam! It's still my favorite. My review of that bag is up on the cambags site...I'm famous :wink:!

Jaleel, welcome to the 70-200vr club. It is a fabulous lens, isn't it! That was the lens that spoiled me on good glass...my bank account hasn't been the same since, lol!

12. What's a Nirvana bag?

13. Gottcha:biggrin:

It's Lowerpro 85AW Reporter.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  14. Sommer,
    Apart than toppling while sitting at car trunk (which I have fixed using my baby's bathtub), I have no complaints against this bag. While Mx-300 goes for a mini occasions and this bag is my trusty companion. Very useful to lug all my stuff in trails.

Thanks. Got benefited immensely by your trials and tribulations.

15. Thanks. I've been looking at this for a while. I like my Slingshot 300 but this could be my lighter bag.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Welcome to the club!

BTW:
    Bag struggles usually come with this lens "free of carge" :Crunk:

I settled on Minitrekker AW and NG medium shoulder bag.....

17. JohnMueller

JohnMueller Guest

Looks great. You'll be addicted soon enough.