I copied someone else.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cwilt, May 10, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    After seeing Mikes high key rose image here I tought I would give it a shot. I like this effect and it will save me a ton of photo black ink. :)

21711899-L.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. I agree. Really nice work, Charles.

And lol about saving that black ink.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Charles,

I agree also. If it had been my shot, I would have been tempted to bump the saturation up just a tad to see what it looked like. Looks great as is though. :lol:

4. Charles,
    the image is great! it is the background that I dont like. if you can, experiment with differrent color backgrounds on it and see how it suits you.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Like it very much.

Can also be achieved with foam core board of various colors. On cut flowers and sometines in the field.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Like it very much.

Can also be achieved with foam core board of various colors. On cut flowers and sometines in the field.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the comments. The background is actually the face of a small softbox metered about 1 stop above the flower.

I have some other ideas I want to try using a similar approach. It is nice to see others work and get inspired. :)

8. I got a kick out of your black ink comment Charles. Nice image of a beautiful flower.