I couldn't believe my eyes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Apr 8, 2007.

1. What instruments come to your mind when you think of street musicians?
    Probably guitar, accordeon, saxophone, didgeridoo, violin, maybe a harp now and then.

Recently, I went through the main street of the pedestrian zone in the City of Vienna and saw this lady who hauled a piano (!) to the street. Her skill was marvellous but isn't that a bit too much effort for a street musician?

original.

Cheers

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    hahahaha Harry
    I think that is neat
    I see a heater to keep her warm??
    I really like piano music.

Rather different. But looks like she drew quite the croud
    Nice shot

3. Wouldn't the piano need tuned with each move?

4. With the amount of equipment that I have seen some photographers dragging around, I do not know that we are in a position to laugh at someone lugging a piano. At least the piano has wheels.

5. How cool is that,:smile:

6. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Have to give her an A+ for originality.

I like the fact that the piano has stickers to avertise her web site too :biggrin:

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Yeah, it should. However, she's not playing in an opera house.

8. She's a strong women!

Anthony

9. Years ago, Nancy and I were in San Francisco and we saw this fellow driving a red Ford Ranchero, the little Falcon pickup-like vehicle, with a Grand Piano in the back. He was dressed formally, coat and tails, with a vase of Red Roses that he placed on the piano. Very good player. As we were watching and listening, a group of tourists from the Far East came by, I told my wife to watch, as I was sure they would take photos and try to get themselves in the pictures as well for momentos of the trip. They did, and it was interesting watching the musician smiling all the while as they rearranged the group.

The most interesting I have heard, however, was a cellist who played nothing but pop and rock. Quite different.

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. That girl has drive and dedication - she'll go far!

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

too much ..gotta love it

13. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Spoken like a person who will never leave film for digital photography.

14. I agree. Something similar came to my mind. It's the dedication that counts!

15. That is so cool. I would gues the heater was a much for the piano as for the pianist.

16. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    There is a marvellous, very attractive violinist who plays in the centre of Chester, UK. She is classically trained and qualified. She could be a member of any orchestra, but loves busking, playing what she feels like playing whilst enjoying the interaction with the public. Needless to say, she easily out does what she could earn as a 'professional musician'. I suppose that one day she may have to come in from the cold, or emigrate somewhere warm. :wink: