I couldn't believe my eyes

What instruments come to your mind when you think of street musicians?
Probably guitar, accordeon, saxophone, didgeridoo, violin, maybe a harp now and then.

Recently, I went through the main street of the pedestrian zone in the City of Vienna and saw this lady who hauled a piano (!) to the street. Her skill was marvellous but isn't that a bit too much effort for a street musician?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers

hahahaha Harry
I think that is neat
I see a heater to keep her warm??
I really like piano music.

Rather different. But looks like she drew quite the croud
Nice shot

With the amount of equipment that I have seen some photographers dragging around, I do not know that we are in a position to laugh at someone lugging a piano. At least the piano has wheels.

Recently, I went through the main street of the pedestrian zone in the City of Vienna and saw this lady who hauled a piano (!) to the street. Her skill was marvellous but isn't that a bit too much effort for a street musician?

Years ago, Nancy and I were in San Francisco and we saw this fellow driving a red Ford Ranchero, the little Falcon pickup-like vehicle, with a Grand Piano in the back. He was dressed formally, coat and tails, with a vase of Red Roses that he placed on the piano. Very good player. As we were watching and listening, a group of tourists from the Far East came by, I told my wife to watch, as I was sure they would take photos and try to get themselves in the pictures as well for momentos of the trip. They did, and it was interesting watching the musician smiling all the while as they rearranged the group.

The most interesting I have heard, however, was a cellist who played nothing but pop and rock. Quite different.

With the amount of equipment that I have seen some photographers dragging around, I do not know that we are in a position to laugh at someone lugging a piano. At least the piano has wheels.
I agree. Something similar came to my mind. It's the dedication that counts!

Rob

There is a marvellous, very attractive violinist who plays in the centre of Chester, UK. She is classically trained and qualified. She could be a member of any orchestra, but loves busking, playing what she feels like playing whilst enjoying the interaction with the public. Needless to say, she easily out does what she could earn as a 'professional musician'. I suppose that one day she may have to come in from the cold, or emigrate somewhere warm. :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom