I Did It ...... Now how do I tell the wife? ... I Told Her.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Crayaco, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Just ordered the 70-200mm VR from KEH. Now how do I break it to the wife?

She is out of town today so it is her fault. She should have stayed home
    to watch me. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Do you think that will work?

Now, do I get the 1.4 or 1.7 teleconverter?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2005
  2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Paul,

tell your wife never to leave you at home alone.
    You are suffering off severe LDD wich is highly infective !!!!!!

So tell her it's her fault, not yours

Congrats

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

5. A fundamental question:

Must you tell her?

6. I had the Sigma 70-200 HSM before that, so when I received the Nikon version she did not recognize the difference :biggrin:
    I know I am bad guy.
    Cheers

7. I'd suggest, instead of buying the TC, you put that money towards a really nice giftie for HER!!!!! That'll put you back in the good books and then work on the TC later.... *scratching head and thinking: must give husband-workshop for these guys*

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. How to tell the wife?
    Easy... First, tell her you regularly have sex with another woman. When she gets mad, tell her it's a joke but you bought a new lens.

You'll see, she won't even pay attention to the lens... :biggrin:

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Treat this issue as if it were an IRS audit. Offer no voluntary information, deny everything, tell her how financially conservative you are and have always been and if those ideas still haven't quieted her down...ask her, "don't you think that I deserve to have something new now and then...I have always wanted you to have whatever you needed?"

11. Thanks for all the suggestions. You all are a great bunch of very inventive people. Maybe one of these will work.

Sandi, is that like obedience school?

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Just leave the receipt somewhere she can see it, she will ask about it, and say, Oh that, yes, I did buy it, and post the results back here for further discussion. Lol

13. Henk

Henk Guest

take Sandi's advice, she's a woman after all ;-)
    I'd take her out for dinner in a nice restaurant, buy her flowers and please her the way she likes... AND pass on that you have bought this awesome lens to do some upcoming job?!?

good luck with both the wife and the 70-200 !!!

Henk

14. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Please Sandi, you have got to watch the whole series of Tool Time with Tim 'Tool Man' Taylor.

AArr AArr AArr AArr.......

What an unusual idea, interesting, and indeed tactically cunning, but really with the benefit of a stiff neck and fearlessness that defies logic I'd just go out and order it.

Yes dear, on my way........................ :rolleyes: :Clown:

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I guarantee that when you put that big lens on your camera, she WILL notice.

Good luck. My husband sure is a good sport over my spending. Of course he bought a motorcycle a couple of years ago and a boat this year, so he can't say much.

16. This forum is filled with guys who either know how to be happily married for a long long time, or guys who really like to live life on the edge, pushing the envelope on a daily basis and wondering why Mother Nature's Prozac seems to be in such short supply! :wink:

Leaving the receipt around with a 'who me??' attitude is just an invitation for a cast iron frying pan 'long side your left ear!
    Henk is a man with a smile on his face!
    Crayaco: not like obedience school, more like "I'd like to live a long time and be happy at it!" School
    Frank: certainly hope you've bought HER something from time to time or else that logic flies out the window faster than money!
    NB23: with that logic, she's certainly going to pay attention to the lens - while it's in her hand and she's attempting to use it for unheard of purposes!
    *what drugs are these guys on???* As Dr Phil says "If Momma ain't happy, no one's happy!" *LMAO*

17. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

18. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    34 years and you know something?

I'd have completed two life sentences and been out of jail for 4 years if I'd been braver years ago. Now I can't afford to leave her. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

19. Monty, I think you're batting a 1000 so far, keep up the good work!!!
    Rob, don't ever let her read your forum posts or you'll have a cast iron introduction too!!! LMAO Glad something is keeping you there.. now get back into the kitchen and get her dinner ready!!! :wink:

20. I just sort of slip it into the bag. If your wife is like mine, all lenses look the same. :smile: :wink: