I Did it, You are all welcome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ppub101, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    I pulled the trigger today and bought a used D200 from the forum. Well, last time I bought a new camera, it was my D70s, and a few months later..... The D200 came out.

So what does this mean for all of you?????

This means..... A new camera will be released probably in 3 months :biggrin:

That is the way my luck goes. So we shall see shortly. In the mean time, I can't wait to get my camera and go shooting crazy! I am dying to put my 17-55 on there and see whats what.

Cheers!

Paul

2. Zachs

Zachs

Feb 25, 2006
    NC
    I just bought an S3, so I know your feeling. I'm probably going to ditch the D200 if I like this camera...they both will serve the same purpose, so we'll see!

crap...I just realized that the S3 will not let me run my multiple flashes from my Sb-800. hmmmmm lol

3. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I am very happy with my D200. Even if a new camera came out, it would have to be a significant improvement for me to buy it. There is still so much the D200 can do that I haven't learned yet.

I bet you'll be very happy.

I, too, have the 17-55. It is great on the D200.

4. Even if a new camera is realeased it takes nothing away from the very fine camera that you bought. Congratulations and good shooting.

5. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Hey Terri, I am sure your right, and I can not wait to get my camera. At the same time, theres that little voice in the back of my head saying, " Way to go Paul, here comes the new camera model." But thats quite alright by me

6. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Thank you so much Gordon, I am very excited : ) I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day to come, and the whole time knowing where the presents are, and trying to to peek :biggrin:

7. congratulations, Paul; and by the way, you may have set a Nikon record for most shots from a D70s.....Ha......glad you got what you wanted and hope it is even more helpful in your photography and lets you continue making the fantastic shots you make already.....
    maybe you need to have a party for the D70s; what was it up to, 100,000 ?
    gimme a call when you get time, I have a couple of toys you need to play with as well
    dit

8. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I know what you are saying.I've been holding off on replacing my d70s for a while now but as soon as I do something better will be released.
    Wish I had some insider info from Nikon so I can decide.

9. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    Hahaha, Thanks Ditto. Yea I will deff call you up shortly, I have been very busy lately. 100,000, not quite, but it's got a lot of shots on it :biggrin: I am still going to take it with me to concerts, so I do not have to change lenses as often, so its job is not over yet. However, I will probably send it to Nikon for a full cleaning. It as earned it!.

Paul
    LOL Yea an insider from Nikon would be what probably everyone wants at the Nikon Cafe :biggrin:

10. Cutlass454

Cutlass454

Nov 29, 2006
    Same thing happened to me, except the day I bought my D70s was the day my local photo store had 3 D200s sitting in the back room - all spoken for.

Have fun with your new toy. :smile: