I did it !!!

congrats Al. I've had the 16-35 since Xmas and I love it. I am hopefully going to be a member of the D800 club in the next few weeks.

Got my D800 yesterday 29/5/04. Purchased a proper Nikon grip for it as well. I spotted on a camera comparison site a company in the UK had underpriced it compared to or companies by £40 so grapped it quick. The company has now revised thier price and increased it overnight by £50.

I looked hard at third party grips but their quality just didn't seem to match up to the Nikon version, and seeing it at the price I got it for, well say no more
Bazza

I like the grips, I have one on my D300s, but the boottom line after body, lens, & our wonderful 13% tax, was getting close to $ 5100, so I canned the idea of a grip. Maybe down the road. But I agree I also prefer to stick with Nikon accessories.

Try shooting the next bank statement balance!!

Don't let the wife see that, she will shoot you. :biggrin:

I suggest you take the time to AF Fine tune the D800/16-35 to squeeze every bit of sharpness out of it. (and all your lenses while you're at it) It really does make a difference.

Don't let the wife see that, she will shoot you. :biggrin:

I suggest you take the time to AF Fine tune the D800/16-35 to squeeze every bit of sharpness out of it. (and all your lenses while you're at it) It really does make a difference.

I've never needed to tweak lenses in the past, is there a specific procedure that you use ?

Nikon don't recommend af fine tuning unless you're getting soft results but they have details of how to do it properly at Nikon.com/support.

First bird photo heavily cropped and I couldn't believe how well it came out. Taken with a 24-70mm lens on my D800. I know the bird is showing a bit "fuzzy" down to it moving but the branch etc is spot on.

Original photo

dsc0217oti.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edited photo from this photo.

dsc0217aj.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Did you spot the bird in picture 1? Its a Reed Warbler

Oh by the way its the only lens I was carrying at the time

Bazza

Latest threads

Top Bottom