I did it...

...I know I shouldn't have carried with me the white envelope (full of cash), I shouldn't have made that childish excuse of "I need an extra rear lens cap", and I know I should be more careful using my digiCam at the beach... :?

So, I went with all the above in my bag, to my local NIKON service depot for a CCD cleanup... 8)

...and there it was (the devil... :twisted: ) One was standing on the repairs table with a front element broken, one was there for service (?) another one was at the hands of well know (local) life-style photographer, and ANOTHER ONE was standing quietly at the corner asking for help... "Paaaanoooo, Paaanoooo, please get me out of here... please get me with you... please show the world..."

So, now... my "little" new friend has found his everlasting peace in my bag... and tonite I'm going to show him the "real world"...

It's party time for me and my new Nikkor AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF :lol: :wink:

I am happy for you, Panos...and especially happy for the 12-24 that will now see the world through your eyes.

And you went there thinking you just needed a rear lens cap...I'll have to remember that one :lol:

I have a slow line up here in Michigan this summer but will still manage to spend the time 'waiting' for the download when I see any pictures you post using the new 12-24.

Best to you,

Gaye

Congratulations Panos on your recent adoption of fine Nikkor glass. :D You live in a beautiful country and I can't wait to see what you will have in store for us in upcoming images. :wink:

GeeJay said:
I am happy for you, Panos...and especially happy for the 12-24 that will now see the world through your eyes.
Thanks Gaye, it sure ads a new perspective of viewing things... :D

eng45ine said:
You live in a beautiful country and I can't wait to see what you will have in store for us in upcoming images. :wink:
I'll do my best... I have to learn his ...behavior though... :wink:

Uncle Frank said:
Do you think it will be a good lens for spandex? :wink:
Well Frank, I have launched a new technic called "up close" and the 12-24 is perfect for it ... 8)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
Nice. I am sure that lens loves you man.

"Oh show us more!" ;)

Just what techniques do you employ for this 'closeup" technique? Flash, f/#, ISO, ethanol?

Panos Kazanelis said:
GeeJay said:
Thanks Gaye, it sure ads a new perspective of viewing things... :D

eng45ine said:
You live in a beautiful country and I can't wait to see what you will have in store for us in upcoming images. :wink:
I'll do my best... I have to learn his ...behavior though... :wink:

Uncle Frank said:
Do you think it will be a good lens for spandex? :wink:
Well Frank, I have launched a new technic called "up close" and the 12-24 is perfect for it ... 8)

Nice rack, uh, I mean lens. Guess with this young lady, you needed the WA end of it. 8)

I also need it for my fast growing 6 m/o puppy, Lambros... ;-)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom