I don't have the Automatic display switch option

Welcome to the forum Leyla. Great to see a photographer from Norway. Visited my brother and his family who live in Bergen a few times, as well as when they lived in Tromso. Love the country and it's people. Hoping to see some images of your beautiful country soon. By the way, the 24-70 f4 s is a great lens.

Thank you soxOZ! That picture demonstrates it very well. I've learned so much in this process 😌

Btw, good news everyone! I returned the camera body and replaced it with the kit instead, one that includes Z 24-70mm f/4 S (plus also the adapter). Would've of course preferred to have the f/2,8 S, but this has to do now. Just took a few test shots, and the combo is already feeling so much better. So thank you all, without you I would've probably been wondering for a while why my photos are looking like crap 😅
Excellent news! Calling the 24-70 f/4S a 'kit' lens is a real disservice. It's just an excellent lens period.

If you haven't shot mirrorless before, make sure you have the D5 Shutter Type set to Auto in the Custom Setting Menu. This controls the Electronic Front Curtain Shutter which can significantly affect image sharpness at relatively low shutter speeds. It can make a difference and will help you get the most out of your lenses.

If you haven't shot mirrorless before, make sure you have the D5 Shutter Type set to Auto in the Custom Setting Menu. This controls the Electronic Front Curtain Shutter which can significantly affect image sharpness at relatively low shutter speeds. It can make a difference and will help you get the most out of your lenses.
Thom Hogan's Guide does a particularly good job of discussing those options.

Great news on the swap—the "kit" lens is a fabulous lens. If you need a faster one, the 50 f/1.8 is very, very hard to beat.
Where in Norway? My wife is of Norwegian descent—her family left Norway 3 or 4 generations ago and she is busy working on her family history, including learning Norwegian. We've made 3-4 trips to Norway (mostly for my work!).
Any way, enjoy that Z6.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW - what are your favorite subjects to photograph?
Yeah, I'm so happy about this decision. I mainly photograph people – portraits, fashion, lifestyle etc. On my freetime I love just wandering around the city and capturing moments. If you want to see my work more, you can check out my website leylaavsar.com 😊

My wife is of Norwegian descent—her family left Norway 3 or 4 generations ago and she is busy working on her family history, including learning Norwegian. We've made 3-4 trips to Norway (mostly for my work!).
Oh really? There's actually quite a lot of Americans with Norwegian roots. I am photographer for Flytographer.com and my clients are often Americans who have come to Norway to explore their roots. I'm located in Oslo. You can tell your wife Lykke til med å lære norsk ☺

You mentioned that you live in Norway. When my wife and I vacationed about ten days in the Lofoton islands, we stayed most of the time in a rorbu across the harbor from Reine. Absolutely the most magical scenery we've ever seen. It's so beautiful that there are often photos of it, such as automatically displayed by Microsoft when we turn on our computer. Almost all of those photos display the rorbu we stayed in.
I actually haven't had the chance to explore the Northern Norway yet (I only moved here 3 years ago). As you probably noticed, Norway is quite an expensive country, so when we travel we often go more affordable + warm countries in the Southern Europe. But I definitely want to explore the North of Norway one day. Like you said, it looks SO beautiful in all the photos. Lucky you! 😊

I like doing food photography so I immediately looked at that part of your website. Very nice photos! It's obvious that you incorporate your design flair and expertise into your food photography.

I see that you've lived in Finland, Portugal and now Norway and have various degrees of proficiency in no less than six languages. You really do get around! I'm an American, so I'm still struggling with English.

I see that you've lived in Finland, Portugal and now Norway and have various degrees of proficiency in no less than six languages. You really do get around! I'm an American, so I'm still struggling with English.
Heheh, when you put it that way 😅 Yes, I do like to incorporate my design thinking into my photography. Food photography is definitely something I'd like to do more. It's so much fun! PLUS you get to eat it afterwards 😜 (unless you ruin the dish with hairspray hehheh).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom