I don't like change

gho

That's not an attachment, Frank - that's image embedding (linking to an image hosted from a offsite provider). An attachment is actually stored on the forum host as part of the message (much like an email attachment is mailed with an email - embedding is like sending an email with a link to an image inside the text.)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just playing around trying to figure out some of these icons and it seems to be a rather snazzy deal here. Great job hooking us up Administrators and anyone else who knows their way around computer stuff. :smile:

gho said:
That's not an attachment, Frank - that's image embedding (linking to an image hosted from a offsite provider). An attachment is actually stored on the forum host as part of the message (much like an email attachment is mailed with an email - embedding is like sending an email with a link to an image inside the text.)
Ahhhh...I understand...I think, but you have me in the right direction...which is good.

Hmmmm...avatar working now...posting a pic....???

ah ha...worked, but had to manually type in etc....no buttons...??!!

ahhh haaaa...30 min later....under "edit options", under "misc options", clicked enhanced interface...now the buttons all show !!! :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Baywing said:
I'm not sure what has happened, but it seems harder to navigate than before. My avatar has disappeared and according to the info at the bottom of the page, I am not allowed to post any attachments (photos).
I can't figure out how to add an avatar and mine says the same thing...no attachments allowed.

What is this all about? How do I add an avatar?

B

Brew

Is this the official testing thread???

AFS

Thanks but no thanks, Cafe.

nfoto said:
Bigger fonts are always welcome, but otherwise I'm not very impressed at all. The colour scheme, in particular the light yellow, is grating on the eyes. And the screen space is poorly utilised with lots and lots of "white space" making it necessary to run the browser in a large window just to get some overview. A real hassle even on my big monitors.

All changes are not always positive. I think I'm going to concentrate on other web fora for a while instead of participating on the Café.
I also agree, the yellow is what really gets on my nerves. It does seem so much...BIGGER. I was more keen on the old one.
Bjorn, it is really a shame to lose you now, truly you have been a great asset to the Cafe and to the photographers here. I have always found your advice to be useful and interesting. I may just find it easier to use other forums more as well....I like the Nikonians look better than this...that is saying something. I can't leave my home here, but I certainly won't spend quite as much time here as I used to.
After 8 hours plus of school, my eyes need something better to look at. I've just gotten home after being up since 5:45, at school since just before 7, working on about 5 hours of sleep, eyes hurting and Canon having announced some depressing cameras....I have to say this was a rather unexpected and downright RUDE welcome from my favorite site.

Again, Bjorn, I'm sad to see your contribution end here, but I suppose i'll find your wisdom elsewhere.
The cafe has been fun, and though i'll still have the same great people, it won't be easy to enjoy for a while.

gho

Catz said:
I can't figure out how to add an avatar and mine says the same thing...no attachments allowed.

What is this all about? How do I add an avatar?
Attachments are not the same as image embedding. Attachments are stuck with the thread. Embedding an image links to an of site host (your website) - also called "hot linking."

Attachments take up system resources and makes for a big messed up forum database, so most admins disable it.

To embed an image just flank it with IMG tags as before.

To do your avatar, click on "Edit Avatar" on the quick links on the side of this page.

Rob

I'm happy..........and then I discovered the calendar didn't show my birthday, panic, end of world! Updated profile, cursed the Gods of widgetry.

Come on chaps and chappesses, how many times have you joined new forums and been happy to get on with what's there. The guys have improved things, and apparently change is good for me.

Is there an emoticon for smiling fool, c'est moi!

I don't mind change, but not today please. I left work early to goto the Dentist to have a filling replaced :frown: When I got home I thought I'd get on the Cafe', that will ease the pain and at first I thought I was on the wrong site. :eek:

It will take some getting use to, but it looks like it could be a good thing.

I've been fiddling with the new site for most of the day...the jury has delivered their verdict..."It's a winner". Great job to each and everyone that had a hand in offering us this version. IMHO, it is an improvement! :wink:

SRA

I, for one, like the yellow. I find it very Nikonesque!

well durn........

i am in Nikon Cafe hell. I cannot post, I am stuck with flew's avatar, and i do not know nuttin again :^(
somebody help me

What's goin' on Dave? To upload your avatar, click on the User CP link in the upper left, then click on the Edit Avatar option down the left side. Make sure that you have the avatar file that you want on your system, and browse to it by clicking the Browse button next to the text box under the heading ' Upload an Avatar From Your Computer:', then click the Save Changes button.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Like everyone else I was surprised to see the new face of the Cafe. Wouldn't you know Ken-L would be on top of things first thing! It would have been nice to have a warning, so the change didn't come as such a surprise. Once I saw Paul aka Montydog's warm face and helpful explanations, I knew things would be okay. Sure would like to have that spelling checker back! :smile:

Here's my tribute to Patrick and Paul. Many thanks for all your hard work and the Cafe's new face!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Paul, I made this one REALLY I just for you!

Speed

It took a few minutes to figure out the navigation but then it is fine. I do note an increase in speed. Thanks.

That's the same thing going on with me Frank. I only have the option to use your avatar! Now I like your avatar fine, but ... it's not me, ya know?

PS, I told Patrick to hold off on fixing this for me. My new avatar is no avatar, until he gets some real free time that is... ;)

Chris,

Did you upload your avatar as outlined in my response to Dave? Still can't see it? Hmmmmm. :Curved:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom