I don't like change

What I like about the new image posting

is all you gotta do is hit the little mountain icon above do a control V to paste your URL, then simply hit yout Enter button, and that's it. It's just like the FM forum now!

beaucamera said:
It would have been nice to have a warning, so the change didn't come as such a surprise.
Yes, I got the 'board not available' message for several hours yesterday when I tried to log on, and then suddenly something in bright yellow appeared. I was shocked initially, thinking that the Cafe was hijacked.:Shocked: But as I said, it's really not that complicated after exploring for a while. Do I like all the new color scheme & layout? Probably not. But that definitely will not affect my participation in the forum. It's just like walking into my favourite cafe after it's renovation. My favourite armchair was gone, but the staff, firendly customers and the espresso were the same.

Well done, guys, and thanks for the effort. I really appreciate it. And to our Cafe, sky's the limit.
(testing image insert, shot taken last week in Cairns)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well

still navigating my way through, not that bad. We all dont like change overly. LOL.........color schemes, cant say I like, hard on the eyes, not the best use of space but you know what, WHO CARES!.

Im here because of fellow nikoncafe members, I cant say there is another forum with such a GREAT group of people then what we have here folks period! I think at time we dont know how good we have it, cosmetically it has changed, is definitely faster, but Patrick and Frank have been so kind to create a home for us people to do exactly what we luv to do and hasnt cost us a penny period and I can guarantee their pocket books are a little lighter. So get in that shopping spirit and support them by buying a few goodies! if you have never heard me gents, thank you for making this forum and caring enough, kudo's!!!

Now lets get back at er and see if we can break this thing, just kidding. LOL!!

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Aaaaaah, my retinas are burning! j/k! The yellow is a bit bright, but that's why I have those little dials on my monitor, right?! I like the new Cafe....it hasn't taken me long at all to find my way around and get things set up the way I like them. Thanks for all the hard work, guys!!

SPELLING...............help!

Flew said:
Virginia,

Check out this thread on even better spelling checkers. :wink:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=53186
Frank, this link looks like Greek to me. I'm using the latest version of Firefox, but there "ain't" no spell checker there. I hate to be such a dummy, but...how do I get what I need and how do I use in the the Forum Cafe Messages. I miss my spelling cow!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Last edited by a moderator:
beaucamera said:
Frank, this link looks like Greek to me. I'm using the latest version of Firefox, but there "ain't" no spell checker there. I hate to be such a dummy, but...how do I get what I need and how do I use in the the Forum Cafe Messages. I miss my spelling cow!

Virginia
aka beaucamera
Virginia,

We can look at adding the Cow back, but the options that I listed are much faster and provide more flexibility. I'm working on a hot, hot, hot project for work right now, but if you don't get this figured out in a day or so, I'll give you a call and we'll step through it. :wink:

Change

I don't like change either.
Will get used to it I guess.

No warning at all...:<((((((

Got it?

Alright, thanks Flew, I think i got it. I tried several times and ended up with this avatar. I guess one of the pretty ladies on board will have to kiss me to see if it transforms into what I had before, LOL. It seems now that pbase and smugmug are no longer neccessary for pictures on here. Is that right?
Dave

dmwphoto said:
Alright, thanks Flew, I think i got it. I tried several times and ended up with this avatar. I guess one of the pretty ladies on board will have to kiss me to see if it transforms into what I had before, LOL. It seems now that pbase and smugmug are no longer neccessary for pictures on here. Is that right?
Dave
Dave,

No, you still need your image hosting site. It is just the avatars that are stored locally (they are very small compared to most of the regular images posted here).

Glad you got your problems straightened out. :wink:

My dislike for change is something I dislike so, I guess, I need to change myself!

OK OK, as much as I hate to admit I like the new format.

I just found the "my threads" renamed as "subscriptions".

For Dave LOL

TOLady said:
For Dave LOL
Uhhhh, so we get these if we can't figure out what's going on in the new forum??

Duhhhhh, I'm confused.... :biggrin:

Flew said:
Uhhhh, so we get these if we can't figure out what's going on in the new forum??

Duhhhhh, I'm confused.... :biggrin:
No, I think it refers back to his request to be kissed by all the pretty ladies due to his new avatar. Something about turning into a prince...:cool:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom