I emigrated...

JPS

Eventually, after 2 years of procrastination, I left my home contry, my friends and family, and moved to the North-East of Brazil, where I had bought an appartment a few years ago !

This appartment is at the 10th (and last) floor of a building less than 300 meters from the beach, and having a 160 degrees view on the ocean ! The great thing about it is that there is a large square in front, and the law forbid to build anything more than 3 floors high between the third street (where I leave) and the see, which will guarantee the view forever !

Here a -trial- of 3 images stacked, from the living-room, thru the front window !

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

...and a wide-angle view from the balcony !

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Now, I have a BIG problem: I brought all my cameras (D800, V1 and J1) and lenses with me, but I forgot to add the batteries chargers.... they're in the moving boxes which will only be here in 5 to 6 weeks :mad: !!! That means that, once the batteries will be flat, I won't be able to take any pics...

...and to make things worse, the laptop I brought with me is gently dying... and of course, my brand new desktop is ALSO in the moving boxes !

Ohhh well... I beleive I will have to spend more time on the beach, instead of shooting :redface: !

:wink:
J-P.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Congrats! So nice to have an update....with PHOTOS! Looks gorgeous!

I'll bet there is someone to show you around..........!

You can surely find fellow photogs to meet....and/or a camera store.....However, re-charging YOUR batteries should be the first priority!

Looking forward to more photos!

Congratulations, JP, for your decisive action. That’s quite a change in environment, scenery, and culture, but you did your homework. Besides, you now can take your vacations in Switzerland:wink:.

Good luck with getting the rest of your gear in a timely fashion. I hope you enjoy your new home; I know we will enjoy your photographs.

Great move J-P, not typically Swiss though.:smile:
Enjoy your "new" view on life and some warm weather.:wink:

All the best mate!!

Sweet view! The NE of Brazil is amazing country and you are right between 2 great cities of Recife and Natal. Congratulations! The food alone from the NE is enough make someone move there. Have a moqueca and some brigadeiro for me!! Parabens!!

JP,

I think you have an excuse to buy a D7100 now (same battery as the D800 and V1 and J1) to solve your battery charging problems!

Have fun in your new surroundings. I am sure you will have a lot to see and share in South America.

Yes this is a BIG move! :m71:
I have been considering a large change myself. One of the things that has concerned me is the language barrier.
How do you think that is going to be for you?
Gary

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Congratz on the move JP! I think the one thing you won't miss is the weather!

Of course we now all expect some pictures of the local culture! At least you have about 6 weeks time to ponder what to shoot next:biggrin:!

Well done JP!

I'm still loving Switzerland, but retirement will surely someday call me to someplace less expensive and beautiful.

Regardless of the reasons that made you do your move, you have chose a great country to live!
I´ve been to Brazil several times and love the country. Actually, owing the current circunstances in my country, a similar move like yours, is often in my mind.
Enjoy the country, the people, the food and the weather. And, as soon as you get your battery charges back, show us lots of pictures from your new home:smile:
There are lots of interesting old portuguese coonial buildings over there to shoot at! Strong colors and genuine old architecture.
Enjoy!:smile:

Quite a big step, best of luck, J-P!

What a great view, it looks as if your move is worth while.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom