"I felt the baby kick!!!"

Discussion in 'People' started by bwilder10h, May 12, 2007.

1. Everytime we see her, my neice has been coming up to my wife since she's been pregnant and putting her hand up to her belly and hoping desperately to feel him move... even though he's really active most times, he never cooperates for his cousin.

Last night we were with them and he finally gave in... the expression tells the story. :biggrin:

Shot with the D2X and the trusty 50 at iso640 f/2.2 1/80

[​IMG]

She's such a sweet kid... going into this really affectionate period in her life that we both are enjoying quite a bit. :smile: We've watched her grow from birth to age 10 today and feel like she could be ours because of the time spent and how close we are...

[​IMG]

2. Beth

Beth

Nov 13, 2006
    Kansas
    Great expression and capture in #1!

3. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Brian,
    Boy do I remember the first time I felt Anna kick. I'm sure my expression was similar to your niece's in the first shot. What an amazing, but definitely weird feeling.
    What a great capture!! I know you guys are about to bust with a mixture of excitement and mild trepidation (I know I was terrified the last couple of months)

So when's the due date?

4. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    congrats on the baby on the way =) great captures!

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Way to capture that moment. Surely an image to remind her of, when she has her first child down the road.

6. Wonderful images..

7. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    Bounce flash or available light? I like!

8. Oh what a great capture! A moment never to be recreated and you got it :biggrin:

9. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    I just love the second shot, quite a tenderness is evident between a niece and her aunt

10. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Wow ,woW what a great capture of expression in #1 But #2 shows feelings and as Tony said tenderness that is hard to express in a moment of time .
    Love it, Joe

11. Yeah the emotions are definitely on the full swing Stu. We are excited for him to get here (July 1st is the due date) but also have a lot of questions and wonders that will just have to be answered in due time (pun intended)... I guess that's typical for this thing if you haven't done it before :biggrin:

Thanks for all the comments. I'm really glad I was able to capture this moment... it's made my wife and I laugh numerous times today and I'm sure the rest of the family will enjoy it as well, when they see it.

These shots are available light with the 50mm. :wink:

12. Geej

Geej

Aug 11, 2005
    Northern Colorado
    These captures are so precious! The first one made me smile and the second one brought tears to my eyes....so very touching.

13. Thanks Gloria. Moments like these are what got me interested in photography. I cherish shots like this more than anything I could do in a studio... Granted, I'm not anywhere near as talented as 99% of the folks here that do studio work... but I prefer those 'life moments' that only happen once and love capturing them in time forever. :smile:

14. Touching work Brian........... photographs that you will treasure all of your lives! :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

15. jasonlawton

jasonlawton Guest

Brilliant to get that capture in No1. Its an amazing feeling waiting for the little baby bump to kick, I remember that feeling with my 2 daughters ( 3 + 5yrs ) when they were still in production:smile:

Jase

16. Very nice!! I love the first one. I will never forget when my sons first felt their little brother kick. Precious memories. And many more to come.

Sarah

17. Brian, great shot...

18. Graeme, Jason, Sarah and John... Thanks for your kind words. This shot still makes me laugh when I see it... she's a character for sure... :smile:

19. Two great pictures

Two great pictures, great capture for her expression on #1 and I really like #2 as a framable pic.

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

these are both great captures, Brian...whata little love bug (enjoy em while they're young while they're still on your side..lol).....bless
    ;-))